Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Obviously when I start sixth form I can't have a job Monday-Friday. Lets say I'm applying for TK Max, will they take this into account when I say ''Part time''

Is it best to notify them I can only work weekends at the bottom of my CV?

Where is the best place to apply if you're at Sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    Obviously when I start sixth form I can't have a job Monday-Friday. Lets say I'm applying for TK Max, will they take this into account when I say ''Part time''

Hi Jack,
    I recommend applying for a job most well established supermarkets. I have a part-time job in retail.

On your application form, there should be a section on working hours. Be honest about the days you can and cannot work, oh and be realistic - you don't want to say you can work all day Monday when you'll be at school! Try to aim for putting down anywhere from 8 hours to 12 hours on your application.

I'm also at sixth form and am contracted to work two evening shifts after school, it hasn't really affected my school work (apart from drama, but drama want to rehearse every day till 6 -_-). Apply for as many as you can. Dress smartly for the interviews, even though you are only probably applying for a cashier position, they are more likely to take you on if you put this kind of effort into your presentation. In your interview, you will most likely discuss hours, and flexibility ect.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Try restaurants. Waitering and pot washers are always wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jack59)

Apply to all the big companies- like supermarkets, restaurants, fast food places etc. On your application form there should be a part about what hours you can work. And most places will ask you about it at interview as well. Most places will have had experience of 6th form/college students working for them so i wouldnt worry about it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.