Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For about 3 or 4 months I have been having the occasional shooting pain going down the inside of my vagina. It's not intense, just annoying and it feels like a throbbing blood vessel to the touch.

I also get a lot of watery discharge that floods out of me at unpredictable frequency, like I'm wetting myself but it isn't urine. Its not smelly but milky white-ish. I went to a clinic for a vaginal scan and nothing was found abnormal except for a retroverted uterus (not uncommon). She didn't know what could be causing these symptoms. I'm 23 so I wasn't allowed a smear test, which I think is disgraceful. Anyone have any idea what this is?

Also, during a period I get VERY painful constipation and wind, sometimes stomach bloating. Is this anything to do with a retroverted womb?

ReputationRep:
    It might just be your cycle. Everyone's different, which I'm sure you've ben told often eneough, but have you noticed any patterns in when you get the shooting pains? It might just be to do with your menstrual cycle. The amount of discharge is often a clue to STD's, but I get lots of discharge as well and I'm clear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For about 3 or 4 months I have been having the occasional shooting pain going down the inside of my vagina. It's not intense, just annoying and it feels like a throbbing blood vessel to the touch.

I also get a lot of watery discharge that floods out of me at unpredictable frequency, like I'm wetting myself but it isn't urine. Its not smelly but milky white-ish. I went to a clinic for a vaginal scan and nothing was found abnormal except for a retroverted uterus (not uncommon). She didn't know what could be causing these symptoms. I'm 23 so I wasn't allowed a smear test, which I think is disgraceful. Anyone have any idea what this is?

Also, during a period I get VERY painful constipation and wind, sometimes stomach bloating. Is this anything to do with a retroverted womb?
    Go to your GP and ask to be seen again. It might be nothing, it might just be you, but you want to make sure.
    xx

ReputationRep:

Sounds like endometriosis. I have it, mine showed up on a vaginal scan but it's rare that it does. More often than not you have to have a laparoscopy to confirm it.

Do you also get painful heavy periods? Any other discomfort around it?

I also tested negative for gonorrhea/chlamydia btw. Tyrion - they can be very painful, not very heavy but slightly heavier than usual. Sometimes I get a mild ache on my lower pelvis right side but it doesn't hurt during a period.

ReputationRep:
    I also tested negative for gonorrhea/chlamydia btw. Tyrion - they can be very painful, not very heavy but slightly heavier than usual. Sometimes I get a mild ache on my lower pelvis right side but it doesn't hurt during a period.
    Ask about endometriosis. They often overlook it in young people. I've spoilered my experiences because it's long but if any of what I've said is what happens to you, go and ask about it. They can give you strong pain killers and hormonal contraceptives if you want it. Both help with it. Basically what it is is where somehow, the uterus lining gets out of the uterus and attaches to other organs. It then grows with your menstrual cycle, and bleeds when you have a period. There's nowhere for the blood to go, so it causes scar tissue. It can go anywhere but usually it's around the abdomen. I'm thinking that's what the shooting pains your having is because of. It doesn't just hurt on your period.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have had severe period pain since I was 14. I'd be doubled over in agony, it's the worst pain I've ever had. I'm unable to eat, I'm unable to do anything, I throw up and pass out. Usually I just lie on the floor screaming. It's that bad. I also get really heavy periods, enough for the blood loss to make me pass out. My mum and boyfriend once had to rescue me because I passed out in a pool of blood. I went on the pill which helped, I took it without a gap so I hardly had periods. But I still got severe pain. I'd miss loads of school and literally couldn't function. I pushed for them to do something, and my cousin has endometriosis and others in my family have symptoms so they referred me for a scan. Usually it doesn't show up, but on mine it did. I got a Mirena which is amazing and I don't have periods with it which has greatly reuced the pain

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.