C1 C2 - How did it go? Watch

hypnoticmonkey88
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by giacommo)
God, you lot are funny.

Stop stressing, it's over. There's nothing you can do about it now. Even if you get the end result to questions wrong, they do give out marks for your method you know. Anyway your final grade will not only depend upon what you get, but how the paper is handled by the rest of the country.

my favourite was what is log to the base 6 of 36. Personally I thought the paper was fair to moderate.
Yeah i liked that log question... I looked at it and didn't twig that 6^2 is 36 so I looked in the formula book for the logs do different bases formula thing and did it that way!

Oh well, still finished the exam with 45 minutes to spare... it was WAY too short...
FisherJ
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by FisherJ)
Oh crap...

5. y = 3^x intersects at 0,1. Area = 1.82... (under curve)

I remember they asked for the coordinates for the y-axis.

I just labelled it on the graph '1' where it crosses the y-axis.
Is that the coordinates? Or do i hv to say its (0,1)??

Hello. Sorry about this.
But can anyone help?
dobedobedo
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone remember how much the sequence question on C1 was worth?
mike_J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
technically, just writing '1' isnt a co-ordinate is it? (0,1) however is. I doubt you'll get the mark for just simply writing '1'. However it was only a two mark question, presuming you drew the graph correctly, you'll get 1/2 marks
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The last question of C2 was just evil.

I couldn't factorise the differential or whatever it was called, i just couldn't think of the right number and it took me 20 minutes to work it out, then I didn't have any time left to finish it, but I'm not too worried.

I GOT N= 14!!!!!!!!

I love the questions that go "prove your answer equals this" because it does equal that and then you like get marks for assuring yourself you're doing fine lol

If you said "it crosses the x axis at 1", then you should get the mark, well you bloody better, because thats what i wrote :P
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got n=14 as well
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nlog.8 is less than log.04

log.8 and log .04 are both negative.

the sign reverses again

asanonymous
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xrosiex)
The last question of C2 was just evil.

I couldn't factorise the differential or whatever it was called, i just couldn't think of the right number and it took me 20 minutes to work it out, then I didn't have any time left to finish it, but I'm not too worried.

I GOT N= 14!!!!!!!!

I love the questions that go "prove your answer equals this" because it does equal that and then you like get marks for assuring yourself you're doing fine lol

If you said "it crosses the x axis at 1", then you should get the mark, well you bloody better, because thats what i wrote :P

its the fact that it was the real AS exam which makes evry1 blank out/ make stupid errors that we'd never make doing practice papers.

for C1 simultaneous equation question worth 7 marks i did it all right, wrote d=2/5 but then subbed it in wrong and got a=2 (when a was actually 5) so im a bit annyoed at how much marks i'll lose, im guessing about 3
Troyes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xrosiex)
Surely it's "it crosses the y axis at 1"?
asanonymous
Report 12 years ago
could someone explain how we were meant to work out the area (the last part of C2 exam)

i found the points of intersection of line AN and the curve and integrated the two equations combined and got the wrong answer (800/81)

cheers
Astudentinneed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
a1 = 3,

an + 1 = 3an – 5,

E Ar
r=1

how do you work this out?

is that n/2 (a+l) the right way to do this?

i did

E 3r - E5....
mike_J
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the easiest method is to split it into two shapes. First from A draw a parellel line to the y axis, so you're left with a triangle and the area from O to A. You then integrate from O to A (between the limits of 2 and 0), and then you find the area of the triangle, which you can find the dimensions off, because you know the co-ords of A and B, so you can find the height and width. Then add those 2 areas together.
asanonymous
Report 12 years ago
cheers, it all seems so easyy now..that was the logical thing to do.

instead, i found the area enclosed between points A, B and N, will i get any marks at all out of 5 for that, or is that 0?
joelovespink
Report 12 years ago
Last questionwas easy, but i did integrated the full way at 1st, but corrected it. Which question was teh loga 99 one, forgotten. Cudnt work out that N one, but yer my mates got 15, proper annoying, reckon i cud be 85%+ in that touch wood.

Does ne1 reckon it will get UMS'd?? And go up or down??

Did anyone seem to fly through the paper up to like question 7 in like half an hour, then bout 8 onwards took most of the rest of the time?? Crazy.
kawar
Report 12 years ago
any mark scheems for the question papers plz
Walker
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
c2 didnt go great prob a low a so gonna resit in jan, s1 was PISS i got 33 1/3 too, i screwed up the log thing but that was only 1 mark or something i didnt realise it was changing the base I've never seen one of them in a past paper before!

Anyways best of look with the rest,
Sephrenia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
C1 was harder than C2, but in C2 I also got 2 :motz: idiot me :rolleyes: oh well nowt I can do bout it now! The rest seemed fine though... S1 was of, D1 wasnt too bad, I mucked up one of the question on that though...only got M1 and S2 to go now and Physics and chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads