Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am currently doing medical study in eastern europe.
    i need some advices, 1) if my university is weird? since I only started here. 2) shall I transfer? and if there's a suggestion of a better school?

in my course, there are around 300ish students every year as international students.
    however the composition of the students are not equalize, very much people from the same country only hang with each other. I barely find european in my school sides from the local students. all this university wants is money. they take money from us for everything.

there is no much school club activities provide for international student. only those professional level ones can participate.
    there is nothing i can do outside school since its a very small town with only 1 mall and the only thing people do here is- drinking.

i don't find quality people here. and this is a huge problem. since this university is very easy to get in, you can imagine there are all kinds of people here. some of them cheated in the exam, some of them behave like not educated. of course there are really excellent people here, but rare.
    alot of people I met here complained about the same thing.
    i'm pretty sick of people here.

i want to improve my english. i'm not native to english, and i have never learn english in a proper way. however the lecturer here can't speak english. they speak with very heavy accent and pronunciation. I found difficulty of understanding and frustrating on learning.
    i want to transfer to a better school. possibly better school - better educated people, maybe even better environment. my tuition fee is about 14k us dollar. it is alot for me. since the schools in uk or aus are much more expensive than current tuition fee. I dont know if there's a better chance to start over my life.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.