Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently ordered the book 'What they teach you at Harvard Business School' by Philip Delves Broughton and would like to hear from anyone who has read it.

I'm not an avid reader, only really read books that I'm really interested in. Can anyone give me just an overall rating (without ruining the book) and tell me if you you need to know a lot about business to understand it. I literally have never studied anything related to it.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read it myself. What I would say is, don't be put off just because you're not an expert in Business. Not everybody can relate to every single book they read - Plenty of people adore Shakespeare, but some of the issues are certainly not relevant today. I've read a book about the hardships of living in Ireland, which discusses a lot of history and Irish politics - I don't have a clue about any of that! But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the story - books help develop our knowledge and teach us things. You may learn a thing or two by reading this book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccaxheapes)
    I haven't read it myself. What I would say is, don't be put off just because you're not an expert in Business. Not everybody can relate to every single book they read - Plenty of people adore Shakespeare, but some of the issues are certainly not relevant today. I've read a book about the hardships of living in Ireland, which discusses a lot of history and Irish politics - I don't have a clue about any of that! But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the story - books help develop our knowledge and teach us things. You may learn a thing or two by reading this book
    I'm actually 1/3 of the way through it and although i don't really get all the business/finance jargon it's a great read. I'm really glad I got this book haha !

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you'll probably get used to the jargon as you go on. enjoy!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.