Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so i had a date a few days ago. personally i felt it went great, but i'm a bit confused in what to do now. i'm new to dating, so i don't know what means what. it was a standard date, we went to a bar, he bought the drinks (a lot, may i add). we made out a little bit towards the end of the date, which was fun. he was insisting that i return with him to his place, as he really wanted to 'spend the night' with me. i wasn't feeling that at all, plus i didn't want to do the walk of shame in the morning. in the end, i told him that if he seriously wanted to, he could come back to my halls. and so we did. we did a lot of making out in my bed, nothing more or less. i told him before hand i wasn't going to have sex with him, and he was fine with it. so yeh, we kissed a fair bit, it was very hot and fun, not gonna lie haha. he kept telling me that he wants to see me soon, i was like yeh cool. morning after, we kissed a bit more and he left, once again saying he hopes to see me soon. he texted me later saying he had fun and was like have fun back home (i was going home for the weekend). i texted him yesterday, with regards to something we said on our date. he replied back, i then replied back to his text. butbutbut he hadn't responded back to my text and it's been more than a day! it's been getting me really paranoid now. have i come across too keen or what? i 'm unsure what to do. do i text him again? do i wait? advice please! i think this guy is really lovely and would like to see him again. would i initiate the second date? (if there is potential for one).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah make the move. Sometimes guys find it.difficult.to reply for whatever reason, so they wait for the girl to make that move.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he just doesn't know what to say. It sounds like he's in to you, so don't worry about it. I'm not a huge fan of mind games, so I think if you want to see him you should text or call him to arrange to meet up

what would i say to him?

i don't want to come across as clingy/over keen/desperate. not sure how to play it cool. :s

ReputationRep:
    Tell him how.you really feel, its best to be honest then to hide your true.feelings. You won't sound desperate or clingy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Tell him how.you really feel, its best to be honest then to hide your true.feelings. You won't sound desperate or clingy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    will it not come across a bit strange? we only have had one date.

bump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Most guys don't think like that it's easy ask him to go out on another date with you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just say how you really enjoyed the first date and would love to meet up again, or maybe think of something you'd want to do- a movie you want to see or something- and ask if he'd come along. It sounds like he's in to you so doubt he's going to say no good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Strange? I think it'd be more strange if you was hiding your feeling towards him.

ReputationRep:
    i'd just ask him if he wants to meet up again..

have an idea of what sort of boundaries you want in place too, frankly there is little between making out and having sex in my (and many guys) books because it is just an extension of intimacy when two parties are into each other enough to make out in bed.

Of course you could play a sort of "mind game" by not replying to him unless he replies to you and see how keen he is. Problem is that many younger guys think through their dicks and it would be a nice way to weed the more suitable boyfriends out by letting them make the move first (aka let him ask you out again!). If he doesn't really make an effort to have a second date well that wouldn't look too good!

still confused with what to do. may i add, i met him online first.

ReputationRep:
    still confused with what to do. may i add, i met him online first.
    If you really aren't sure then just leave it and see if he texts you. Or just text him? The worst case scenario is that he doesn't reply in which case it's not like you'll ever have to see him again so no awkwardness there.

decided that i will wait until wednesday evening for him to contact me. if not, i'll give him a phone call. now just to prepare what i should say. ****ing hell, lolz.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can I ask what it is you're hoping for from dating?

Are you looking to have some fun or are you looking for a relationship?

A lot of casual dating seems to be about sex and having 'fun' and a 'good time'. This isn't always the case, but it can be quite often.
    It sounds like that sex is something that has a bit more meaning to you and that dating has a wider meaning to you, so i'm just throwing out my view on your situation as i'm worried you're going to get hurt.
    That guy just wanted sex, and it is probably all he's looking for.

If you're looking for more of a relationship out of dating then try not to make out on the first date and see how the guy shows respect for you.

(Original post by Apocaly)
    Hey,

Can I ask what it is you're hoping for from dating?

Are you looking to have some fun or are you looking for a relationship?

A lot of casual dating seems to be about sex and having 'fun' and a 'good time'. This isn't always the case, but it can be quite often.
    It sounds like that sex is something that has a bit more meaning to you and that dating has a wider meaning to you, so i'm just throwing out my view on your situation as i'm worried you're going to get hurt.
    That guy just wanted sex, and it is probably all he's looking for.

If you're looking for more of a relationship out of dating then try not to make out on the first date and see how the guy shows respect for you.

casual fun really, but still remaining friends. potential fwb? just to point out, he asked to kiss me and initiated it. i didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Why didnt you have sex with him from the start?

(Original post by sharp910sh)
    Why didnt you have sex with him from the start?
    i didn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't want to.
    But now you want to have "friends with benefits"?

ReputationRep:
    so i had a date a few days ago. personally i felt it went great, but i'm a bit confused in what to do now. i'm new to dating, so i don't know what means what. it was a standard date, we went to a bar, he bought the drinks (a lot, may i add). we made out a little bit towards the end of the date, which was fun. he was insisting that i return with him to his place, as he really wanted to 'spend the night' with me. i wasn't feeling that at all, plus i didn't want to do the walk of shame in the morning. in the end, i told him that if he seriously wanted to, he could come back to my halls. and so we did. we did a lot of making out in my bed, nothing more or less. i told him before hand i wasn't going to have sex with him, and he was fine with it. so yeh, we kissed a fair bit, it was very hot and fun, not gonna lie haha. he kept telling me that he wants to see me soon, i was like yeh cool. morning after, we kissed a bit more and he left, once again saying he hopes to see me soon. he texted me later saying he had fun and was like have fun back home (i was going home for the weekend). i texted him yesterday, with regards to something we said on our date. he replied back, i then replied back to his text. butbutbut he hadn't responded back to my text and it's been more than a day! it's been getting me really paranoid now. have i come across too keen or what? i 'm unsure what to do. do i text him again? do i wait? advice please! i think this guy is really lovely and would like to see him again. would i initiate the second date? (if there is potential for one).
    Oh that sounds promising, don't worry! I was once told by a guy that he sometimes simply didn't know what to answer for my texts... Maybe he had the same?
    If I were you, I'd text him casually how is he and maybe asking him out...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.