Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For my assignment I've just created a webpage in Fireworks, however I now need to put it into Dreamweaver and then add the hyperlinks, etc. How do I convert it/turn it into a Dreamweaver document?

I'm using MX 2004, however I have access to CS4 if a newer version is required.

Many thanks.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Fireworks creates a drawing, Dreamweaver creates a webpage. It's like turning a blueprint into a building: the only way is through hard work. There's no simple way to "convert" one directly from the other, because the idea of a webpage is fundamentally more complex compared to a static image. Perhaps you should start with some web tutorials?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Fireworks creates a drawing, Dreamweaver creates a webpage. It's like turning a blueprint into a building: the only way is through hard work. There's no simple way to "convert" one directly from the other, because the idea of a webpage is fundamentally more complex compared to a static image. Perhaps you should start with some web tutorials?
    That is entirely untrue within the context of Fireworks. My version (CS6) has an option to export as CSS and HTML with File -> Export, though I don't believe older versions had that ability. Otherwise, I'm certain they had the HTML and Images option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    That is entirely untrue within the context of Fireworks. My version (CS6) has an option to export as CSS and HTML with File -> Export, though I don't believe older versions had that ability. Otherwise, I'm certain they had the HTML and Images option.
    Yes, there is an export option. My version of MX 2004 does have it, I worked it out in the end.

(Original post by Dez)
    Fireworks doesn't just create a drawing, it has been easily made to be exported into HTML as well just for making PNG graphics.

I don't need web tutorials because I know how to use Dreamweaver, code and make a webpage. The course I'm doing just requires me to make a webpage in Fireworks and export it to Dreamweaver/HTML. I'm not allowed to create it directly in Dreamweaver.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.