Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone study Biomedical science at Brighton university?

I have a feeling i would be much more satisfied with a career in biomed then nursing. I'm not sure it would excite me as much and i want a course that would and would eventually excite me for the future.

I have emailed the uni to ask about UCAS & access course credits etc.. all the normal & formal stuff you need to ask the admissions.
    Waiting to hear back from them about that.

But i would like to know what it is like from a student perspective.
    How you find the course, lecturers. Do you enjoy it and think it is definitely worthwhile.
    Did you have an interview or admissions tests like numeracy & literacy.
    Are there any mature students?
    Are you choosing or are doing the placement year?

It would be very helpful/nice to have any sort of information.

I'm not willing to make a snap decision just another perspective would be good to help me along the way.

Many Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedheadDoll89)
    Does anyone study Biomedical science at Brighton university?

I have a feeling i would be much more satisfied with a career in biomed then nursing. I'm not sure it would excite me as much and i want a course that would and would eventually excite me for the future.

I have emailed the uni to ask about UCAS & access course credits etc.. all the normal & formal stuff you need to ask the admissions.
    Waiting to hear back from them about that.

But i would like to know what it is like from a student perspective.
    How you find the course, lecturers. Do you enjoy it and think it is definitely worthwhile.
    Did you have an interview or admissions tests like numeracy & literacy.
    Are there any mature students?
    Are you choosing or are doing the placement year?

It would be very helpful/nice to have any sort of information.

I'm not willing to make a snap decision just another perspective would be good to help me along the way.

Many Thanks.
    I'm hoping to study at Brighton for biomedical sciences as well. BSMS allowed me to change from medicine to biomedical sciences at Sussex but I only applied late to Brighton as my fifth choice and am waiting to hear back.

I would love to hear about the course as well!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.