Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you apply through UCAS by yourself? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I graduated from high school (international) which had our own weird qualification but I am really interested at applying to UK colleges.

Only qualification which would satisfy me is American qualification (self study) with SAT+AP because I achieved almost perfect SAT score and 5s in AP. But I will apply through UCAS by myself because I'm out of high school.

Can I still do this? I mean how would reference letter work?

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nirvana1234)
    Hi! I graduated from high school (international) which had our own weird qualification but I am really interested at applying to UK colleges.

Only qualification which would satisfy me is American qualification (self study) with SAT+AP because I achieved almost perfect SAT score and 5s in AP. But I will apply through UCAS by myself because I'm out of high school.

Can I still do this? I mean how would reference letter work?

Thanks guys!
    You can apply independently - that's how mature students do it, but you will have to contact a member of staff from your old school who knew you and ask for a reference, because that's something you can't write yourself. They may also be able to look over your application

ReputationRep:
    Your referee can be anyone who knows you in an academic/professional manner. I used my childcare manager at work, who was also my mentor when I did my childcare qualifications

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.