Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have firmed cambridge and insured imperial. And I really don't know where I will go, so the cambridge's offer is tuff

The problem is I don't know how much living cost loan I should take, as the is a big different in cost between Cambridge and london. In addition, Cambridge gives much more than imperial for low income family. (Like me)

So any advice on how much maintenance loan I should take please

ReputationRep:
    Can Anyone help?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Mathsy,

Sorry I can't advise you on your finances only on what you can apply for and how to do this.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Mathsy,

Sorry I can't advise you on your finances only on what you can apply for and how to do this.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee
    Thanks for reply, could you tell me whether the maintenance loan is the same thing as the government living cost grant? and do they given out annually? If yes, then do I need to apply annually?

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

The maintenance loan is repayable and the maintenance grant is non repayable but dependent on household income. As with the tuition fee loan both of these need to be applied for each year of the course.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi again,

The maintenance loan is repayable and the maintenance grant is non repayable but dependent on household income. As with the tuition fee loan both of these need to be applied for each year of the course.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    many thanks for your reply,

I have another question:

Is it still possible to change amount I am borrowing from sfe once I have submitted the application in?
    If yes, then when is the final deadline?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Maths,

Yes you can amend the amount or type of funding that you've applied for at any time in the year.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.