C1 & C2 Aqa Watch

tek290
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Reading through the other topic i got worried and then realised it must have been EdExcel. Anyway i just finished my C2 resit, i got 68 last year and i was looking for an improvement of atleast 10 marks.

How did everyone find it? Any difficulties?

There were some nice easy 'show that' questions which are near impossible to get wrong.

(2+x)^9 Find the x coefficient. I got 2304x?
(1-2x)^4 x (2+x)^9 Show the X coefficient when multiplying these two. I didnt really know.

Solve cosx(sinx-3cosx)
I ended up with tan=3, although i took me ages to realise that and i dont know for sure if its right.

All the rest seemed OK if i assume my integrating and differentiating was right.

One last question. Could anyone tell me the answer for the last part of the Arithmetic progression question.

3n^2 - 2n - 7400. What is n
Shehna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My mate said n was 50...not that I know if it's right or wrong, I didn't get that. Some questions were fine, straight forward etc......but I don't know I thought some were really horrible.
tek290
Rep:
?
I didnt even get a whole number for n, i had something in the 1000's.

I tried to work it out from 7400 = 1+(n-1)6. Dont know if its possible but there you go
Shehna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have no idea....I just want to forget about it. Tha January paper was so easy compared to this one.
winnie the poo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought it was really dificult!

I must have dropped about 10 marks in questions i didnt even answer!

I ran out of time to finish the last question and check stuff as well.
Shehna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by winnie the poo)
I thought it was really dificult!

I must have dropped about 10 marks in questions i didnt even answer!

I ran out of time to finish the last question and check stuff as well.
I didn't get time to check either....the first page of questions was fine, and so were the dy/dy and all the finding equation ones...can't say much about the rest.....I feel horrible about
tek290
Rep:
?
Just realised i threw a mark away by saying the stationary point was maximum. I thought that if d^2y/dx^2 >0 it was maximum.

As you can probabaly tell i get quite paranoid after Maths exams, i wish they released the answers on the AQA website within a week after the exam
winnie the poo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think releasing the answers would be a bad idea because you can't quite remember what you put, so it might look better than it is, and you get a massive shock on results day.

By the looks of it, everyone found it hard to some extent.
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tek290)
(2+x)^9 Find the x coefficient. I got 2304x?
(1-2x)^4 x (2+x)^9 Show the X coefficient when multiplying these two. I didnt really know.

Solve cosx(sinx-3cosx)
I ended up with tan=3, although i took me ages to realise that and i dont know for sure if its right.

3n^2 - 2n - 7400. What is n
For the binomial expansions I got 2304 for the first one and then 3328 I think for the 2nd one.

I also ended up with tanx=3 and got 2 answers for that one, hope that's what you were meant to get! I ended up with the same answers as I got for the part before with tan1/2x=3.

And for 3n^2 - 2n - 7400, I plugged the values into the quadratic equation and ended up with n = 50.
stratomaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found n=50 by trial and error :p: and just made up some stuff above to make it lool legit

The C2 paper was alright, but C1 was a load of turd.
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That one at the end I made it into a quadratic and got two PVs.. i didn't find Tan0 :s
bedbug
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've forgotten what was in C1 really.. ooh I remember being completely lost at first looking at the question about the perpendicular distance between the chord and the centre of the circle, but I drew a nice little picture and it all made sense after that
bedbug
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
That one at the end I made it into a quadratic and got two PVs.. i didn't find Tan0 :s
Which? the cos0(sin0 +3cos0) = 0?

For that one I multiplied out the brackets, moved 3cos^20 to the other side of the equals sign and then divided both signs by cos^20 to get tan0=3
magnum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
I found n=50 by trial and error :p: and just made up some stuff above to make it lool legit

The C2 paper was alright, but C1 was a load of turd.
:eek:
I found C1 easy and C2 hard

:|
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can hardly remember the questions now only 30 minutes after the exam :|

But I made it a quadratic and got 3 radian values at the end. Seemed alright to me! :tumble: cos0=1-sin0 thing
FyreFight
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found C1 pretty easy - did everything except the last Q in about 40 minutes. C2 was much harder.

The last questions in both papers were really tricky, though. Lost a lot of marks on them.
winnie the poo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got 94% in Core 1 in january, so I have some marks in the bag to keep me up for an A. I think I'm gonna have to put the extra effort in for stats on wednesday to make it a sure thing.
Sarey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got n=50 for that series one and tan=3 for the last one with the identities, glad some people got the same. Thought the paper wasn't too bad.
What did everyone get for the logs one where its was something like log5 + logy=7 or something like that.
x
dups45
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i have never been able to do logs or identities until last night! thank god i actaully got around it

i found that c1 was harder than c2 probably becuase i havent been taught c1 for ages and had to relearn it myself. There were lots of tricky questions i thought, like the polynomial one....did every1 get the remainder to be -2?
ZanyZanny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i screwed both of them up really badly i have lost like 20 marks without being marked down i just didnt have a clue on half of the stuff the last questions on both i have lost so many marks on as well as the arithmatic series ones ahh well looks like i am going to have to reasses what degree i want to do now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads