The Student Room Group

The ancient question 'do I tell him and how?'

I met a guy at uni a while ago and in the past couple of months we've seen more of each other due to him becoming friends with me and my group of friends. We all get on really well and all my friends love him. I wouldn't go as go as far as to say that I love him but I do fancy him and we have so much in common, we make each other laugh and he is everything I'm looking for and more.

So I really really want to make a move, and there's been opportunities in the past where I could have and felt like I should have but didn't because I'm scared of the consequences to our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way, as it'll impact the rest of our group too. In an ideal world I'd have got with him already and he'd feel the same way and life would be great but I'm not sure he does. What makes me think that he doesn't is that I feel as though I have made it as obvious as I can that I like him, but he hasn't made the first move. After discussing with a friend, she pointed out that he might also be worried about the same thing as me or be shy, or think that I don't like him as we've come close to kissing a few times but never actually kissed so maybe my avoidance of it has made him think I'm not interested. There was even a time where we went back to his after a night out but I purposely made it feel really casual because I didn't want to take it the wrong way and end up looking like a fool but I think he might have meant it in a romantic way.

We've been away from uni for Easter but I'm going back soon and I want to tell him that I like him and see what happens (if anything) so what I'm asking for is opinions on the situation and any suggestions of how to go about this without just throwing it out there? Or is that really my only option? I'm kind of tired of tip toeing around everything. If anyone's been through something similar and can share their experience that would also be great. Thanks
Reply 1
I've seen people tip toe around each other for years before getting their act together. Such a shame. Ask him out and make sure he knows it's a 'date' for the lack of a better word. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending