Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I be ruthlessly efficient? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on how to always use time efficiently and not to procastinate ?

I can be lazy at times but when I focus I can be quite productive.

Any ideas on been more consistent- I want to avoid a boom and bust situation with uni work lol!

ReputationRep:
    Ruthlessly efficient make it sound like your performing some coup and whipping out your rivals

Try writing a work/revision schedule and sticking to it... Ruthlessly.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever distractions you have around you, just put them away from sight. Use your laziness as an advantage. And yeah, set yourself targets and actually stick to them!

ReputationRep:
    Library is the only thing that works for me. Preferably minus distractions, e.g. computer and phone

ReputationRep:
    If you have a girlfriend called Ruth, get rid...

ReputationRep:
    Turn off wifi! The Internet is such a distraction :/

ReputationRep:
    Set your goals
    Smart
    Measurable
    Attainable
    Realistic
    Timed

Make goals for every day
    Stick to them

Let me know if you can pull this off :P

life is boom and bust, learn to dance in the rain, it's kind of fun

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Don't sit close to a tv if you know you are going to watch it and keep distractions such as phone away from you.

ReputationRep:
    Delete your TSR account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Delete your TSR account.
    You have a point!

ReputationRep:
    Discipline and have no fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Any ideas on how to always use time efficiently and not to procastinate ?

I can be lazy at times but when I focus I can be quite productive.

Any ideas on been more consistent- I want to avoid a boom and bust situation with uni work lol!
    Here's a thought - does procrastination and a boom/bust work pattern, produce the results you want? Is that actually OK?

I'm guilty of all of those things, and yet I've come out of both my undergrad and Masters degree with excellent results. Once I've spent a while putting work off, when I finally knuckle down to it I have a very odd working pattern - 3pm-10pm are my most productive hours. Someone I studied with at Masters level, left her assignments to the week before they were due in. I worked on them for months so that approach would have terrified me, but she got consistently good marks because when she finally got on with it, she worked like a Trojan for fifteen hours a day and produced good quality coursework.

Basically, just because you don't study 9-5, Monday-Saturday, doesn't mean that you're doing it wrong. You just might be doing it right for you.

As a word of warning; this isn't a Skiver's Charter. Getting drunk every night and not starting assignments until the day before they're due in, is a recipe for disaster. I'm not talking about not working - just about finding a way of working that gets you where you want to be. It only works *if* you work (at whatever odd times), if you're honest with yourself and if you actually do get good results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    If you have a girlfriend called Ruth, get rid...
    if only it was that easy

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.