Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Well I have a problem. I have, erm, I wouldn't say I have no sense of humour but I still have to laugh at specific . Since I've got anxiety and I suspect mild depression laughing at stress isn't exactly the easiest thing!
    Also I'm Dyspraxic and it's been suspected I fall on the autistic spectrum somewhere so I do take things quite literally at first.

Anyway it's got to change because I reckon I am a nice enough person even though I think I('m a narcissist at heart and smart enough even though i often think I'm stupid. Just got to be more positive and upbeat. I mean I was in the sense I was the shoulder to cry on, give support and things, however I also want to be able to just have a laugh with people. Especially at my age where not everyone is mature enough to respect that some people don't cope with stress well

Opening the floor to anyone who can make me laugh and teach me how to do it

case in point: I've missed the train. My thought line is-can't get home=no sleep=failing at life

ReputationRep:
    I know that the site contains material that might offend some people, but if you want to learn how to find humour in not taking things literally, it might be a good idea to look at the website Sickipedia and then if you click "Categories" then "Other" then "Wordplay", there are a lot of puns of varying levels of humour and maturity that you might like to look through

Other than that here are a few jokes I can remember if you want

A man goes into a dentist's office and says "I think I'm a moth." The dentist asks "If you think you're a moth, why did you come to a dentist?" to which the man replies "The light was on!"

My girlfriend and I broke up today as a result of a massive argument; I won't go into detail but her main point was that I have no sense of direction in my life, so this afternoon I went upstairs, packed a bag and right.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard any anti-jokes?

I personally find these extremely hilarious, though when I tell some to others they just look at my like 'wtf'.
    They're definitely not for everyone.

Examples:

-What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

The Holocaust.

-There's an Irishman, a homosexual, and a Jew standing at a bar. What a fine example of an integrated community.

-What's sad about 4 black people in a Cadillac going over a cliff?

They were my friends.

Just realised those are quite race heavy. Ones not about race...

-What did Batman say to Robin before they got in the Batmobile?

Get in the Batmobile.

-Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Dave.

Dave who?

Dave proceeds to break into tears as his grandmother's Alzheimers has progressed to the point where she can no longer remember him.

-Horse walks into a bar and the bartender says why the long face.

The horse unable to understand English ****s on the floor and leaves

Okay okay, I'm starting to get carried away. You get the jist. Check 'em out.

ReputationRep:
    "Jesus loves you."

A nice gesture in church.

A horrific thing to hear in a Mexican prison.

ReputationRep:
    :') these are goood

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.