Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so a couple of days before Christmas day, I was in a pub with some of my female friends, and this hot looking guy was giving me the look, he was with some guys. And every-time i passed him, he was courteous and moved out the way without me needing to ask him. So after been dared to go and talk to him, i do. And has a really hot up north accent,(of which i don’t have) and lives an hour drive away from me :/ he’s a couple of years older than me. And we've been chatting via texts, skype and emails. Except he got rid of his iphone and got a cheap phone, which is never switched on, and works a lot, so we email each other. When he first got rid of his phone it was okay, but i accidently phoned his old number not realising at the time (had, had a bit to drink...) and he took it badly as its his friends phone, and tells me that’s his a really private person and hasn’t told his mate about me, he may have threatened me. So stopped talking to him for a few days. Anyway, he decided to tell me that he loved me for the first time in Feb via skype and called me his gf. But for our like first proper date, the month later, he was really shy and thought i wouldn't like him, so said he felt uneasy coming to see me... Was really confused, although i'm a really outgoing person, but wouldn't speak to me for like nearly 2 weeks, and then message me saying sorry and that. He then suggested coming to see me on a different date, except i was really busy that day, and apologised for being busy, and asked for him to give me another date, except he's working a lot and trying to save money for a house and that, then he speaks to me 11 days later saying he’s been busy work and asking how i am and that. Anyway throughout the time i’ve been chatting to him and that, i’ve been talking to my close male friend who’s a fair few years older than me, he’s training to be a councellor and has got a lot of experience with relationships, so has been giving me a fair bit of advice. Anyway, when i was confused about where i stood relationship wise with the guy, he started making moves on me and that, and i kind of think i have feelings for him more than just friends, and am unsure what to do... I recon i should go on a date with my ldr and get to know him properly face to face reality wise as he could be telling me a bunch of complete crap, and i don’t want to be naive. But at the same time, i’m getting really horny a lot, and want to have sex... I keep telling my ldr of this but he seems to ignore or he just is really busy with work. So what do i do? Cause we haven’t been on a date yet, does skype count as a date? So i dont’t know whether to just go ahead and get intimate with close friend or do it with my ldr. I have never in the past cheated and don’t want to in the future either. So what do i do?... Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    When you break up with your LDR, the second now-so-nice-and-sweet guy is not gonna be there to pick up the pieces.

You might just be 'another experience'.

"When you break up with your LDR, the second now-so-nice-and-sweet guy is not gonna be there to pick up the pieces.

You might just be 'another experience'."

Please explain what you mean Alpha510?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.