Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm at university and the loneliness is killing me, I'm alone 99% of the time. I don't think I belong at university as I lack basic social skills, but my parents expect me to study so I had to go.

Another thing is my appearance, it is extremely repulsive and its got to a point where I just refuse to look into a mirror, or any reflecting surface for that matter, except for a quick glance in the morning.

Another thing is that i'm mentally retarded (seriously) It takes me 10 minutes to think of a coherent sentence to say. If i speak without thoroughly thinking, it turns out to be completely incoherent monotonous nonsense - (Its a miracle that I got into Uni in the 1st place.)

I'm not normal and I feel I'm just wasting oxygen living on this planet. this world has nothing to offer for people like me.

I'm at a point where I've decided suicide is my only option. But there's just one thing thats stopping me, and that's my parents. I dont want to hurt them. But I can't endure it anymore. I've tried for years.

I dont even know why i'm posting here.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homer321)
    I'm at university and the loneliness is killing me, I'm alone 99% of the time. I don't think I belong at university as I lack basic social skills, but my parents expect me to study so I had to go.

Another thing is my appearance, it is extremely repulsive and its got to a point where I just refuse to look into a mirror, or any reflecting surface for that matter, except for a quick glance in the morning.

Another thing is that i'm mentally retarded (seriously) It takes me 10 minutes to think of a coherent sentence to say. If i speak without thoroughly thinking, it turns out to be completely incoherent monotonous nonsense - (Its a miracle that I got into Uni in the 1st place.)

I'm not normal and I feel I'm just wasting oxygen living on this planet. this world has nothing to offer for people like me.

I'm at a point where I've decided suicide is my only option. But there's just one thing thats stopping me, and that's my parents. I dont want to hurt them. But I can't endure it anymore. I've tried for years.

I dont even know why i'm posting here.:confused:
    I'm sorry you are feeling so rubbish at the minute. Have you ever been and talked to a Dr about how you have been feeling? Does your uni have a counselling service? Maybe contacting them may be beneficial.

I'm glad that there is something that is stopping you from committing suicide. I know things are unbearable right now, but things won't always be like this, things get better. There is treatment out there for depression, and people DO recover. It seems like you have a very low opinion of yourself and this could be contributing to how you are feeling. But the good thing is that this can be improved - CBT (a type of therapy) for example, is good for improving self esteem.

I would really recommend seeing your GP (or if you are with MH services, contact your care coordinator), and tell them about how you are feeling. Help is out there if you want it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.