Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have any of you ever used crazy color before? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm thinking of using Fire by Crazy Color over my dyed ginger hair just for a change. I done a strand test and will add a pic to show the result. The only thing that puts me off is how long it will take to fade back to my ginger colour because I've heard that some people have had to use bleach baths to get their colour back. That seems like such a hassle Name:  20130410_061739.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  115.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Ehmm I've used it in pink and purple the last thing you have to worry about is it fading - mine rarely lasts more than 2 weeks! Red tones do tend to stay better than unnatural ones though. I'd just go for it, your patch test looks lovely and if it does go weird you can probably use toning shampoo rather than bleach to get it back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it doesn't last very long.
    I used a blue one and it only lasted about 5 washes. Then I used a pink one that lasted slightly longer but still washed out after a few weeks.
    Also because you're not bleaching your hair it will be less porous so the dye will come out easier.

The colour looks amazing by the way
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks for your replies

I'm tempted to use it because like you both said, its a nice colour but I've noticed my hands have been stingy and itchy for the last hour and I did get some dye on them while I was doing the strand test so it might be a reaction or it could be maybe the handwash I used.

I'm gonna put some behind my ear just so I know if it is a reaction or not
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Thanks for your replies

I'm tempted to use it because like you both said, its a nice colour but I've noticed my hands have been stingy and itchy for the last hour and I did get some dye on them while I was doing the strand test so it might be a reaction or it could be maybe the handwash I used.

I'm gonna put some behind my ear just so I know if it is a reaction or not
    Don't put it behind your ear. Do it on the inside of your elbow - think about it, if you're gonna have an alergic reaction, keep it away from your face!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Don't put it behind your ear. Do it on the inside of your elbow - think about it, if you're gonna have an alergic reaction, keep it away from your face!
    Good idea actually, thanks!

My friends told me to do it behind my ear but now you mention it, I can cover my arm easier than my face haha

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on your hair when it comes to fading. Most people I know it has faded but one friend did hers purple, it faded to blue, she's bleached it multiple times but the blue won't come out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Good idea actually, thanks!

My friends told me to do it behind my ear but now you mention it, I can cover my arm easier than my face haha
    lol, yeah, you can put a blob and stick a plaster over the top.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.