Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, almost a month ago I was sent a letter asking for more evidence that I have been self supporting for 3 years and was also sent a declaration of entitlement saying that I can get the full tuition fee loan and maintenance loan. However, I have also applied for a grant as well, therefore sent the evidence asked for in the first letter and requested a revised declaration form.

    I have now received a letter asking me to sign the declaration form, but no news as to whether I am entitled to a grant! I don't want to sign the declaration form until I know if I can get a grant as well, as I'm sure I can. Will this affect whether I get the money on time when I start University?

    Obviously, you are very busy with everyone's applications and I only sent the rest of my evidence two weeks ago so I'm not expecting to hear immediately but do you have any idea when I might hear by? And is it the right thing to do to delay signing the declaration form until then?

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Miss,

    The declaration form isn't actually related to the maintenance grant.

    By signing the declaration (there are no amounts on it) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the loan funding only so you should do this as soon as possible.

    Evidence takes around 3 weeks or so to be processed so you self supporting evidence should be processed over the next couple of weeks after which time we will send an updated entitlement letter but not a new declaration.

    Hope this helps,
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.