The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

16% lecture time in hours???

Anyone know roughly what this equates too??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
If you're asking what 16% of your total lecture time is, I would need your total lecture time, but the answer is: 16100×lecturetime\frac{16}{100} \times lecturetime.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by kmcgowan13
Anyone know roughly what this equates too??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It varies widely from course to course depending on how heavy the content is etc.

However, 16% would mean that for every 10 hours, 1.6 hours of that is lecture and the rest is other things.
Reply 3
See I can't find any where that tells me the total hours of study per week so I can't work it out :-s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
See I can't find any where that tells me the total hours of study per week so I can't work it out :-s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you already there, or finding out in advance? If you're already there, you should be able to measure what you're doing. If you're finding out in advance, you could make a post with a very specific title like "Portsmouth _subject_, how many study hours per week?" or something like that; people who can answer are more likely to see it then.
Reply 5
I'm looking in advance as I'm travelling 70 each way :-s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ok on uni stats it says full time Is 1200 hours a year,
So I've divided that by working school weeks as it will be higher..
1200%42
= approx 28 hours a week
So at 20% lecture time is 5.6 hours a week... Fingers crossed that's over one or two days!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ok on uni stats it says full time Is 1200 hours a year,
So I've divided that by working school weeks as it will be higher..
1200%42
= approx 28 hours a week
So at 20% lecture time is 5.6 hours a week... Fingers crossed that's over one or two days!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's certainly not all going to be on one day :smile: more likely three, maybe four.
Reply 8
Original post by Smaug123
It's certainly not all going to be on one day :smile: more likely three, maybe four.

So I could've doing one hour a day? :-s it's going to take me 3 hours round trip to drive :-s
If it's a full time course then it would be reasonable to expect a 5 day week most of the time...
Reply 10
Bugger looks like I might be moving the family then ;-s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
No!

University calculations of work equivilates to a full time job!

FT Job = 8 hrs per day 5 days a week = 40!

16% lecture time?

40/100 * 16 = 6.4 hours!
Out of curiosity, what would you be studying ?
Yeah, you may not be there 5 days a week. But you could definitely have just a one hour lecture one day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending