Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi.

Will try and keep this concise. Was seeing this girl for a few months. She ended it in November. I'm still in love with her (i know right..) and have been giving her no contact. When I do contact her she is blunt over text message, but when I bump into her in person, she is chatty, flirty and always looks at me in 'that' way.

So I have tried to meet up with her a few times, she always says she is busy and that she will get hold of me when she's free. She never does..

So I told her she would cook for me and she said she would return the favour. I as planning on texting her today and asking to meet on Saturday for a meal.

But I look at my phone this morning, and I have a snapchat picture from her, in bed with another bloke taken at like 2am...

Why on earth would she send me that??

ReputationRep:
    Because she wants you to understand that it's over?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post42163566

We get it!

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't want to date you and has tried to get that across by a blunt tone in text messages/never calling you to arrange to meet up. Maybe she was drunk and thought that would be a good idea to make you stop pestering her. The best thing you can do right now is play it cool, don't try and get her to meet up with you. If it's meant to be she'll come back to you...and who knows, by then you may have moved on and found someone better for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi.

Will try and keep this concise. Was seeing this girl for a few months. She ended it in November. I'm still in love with her (i know right..) and have been giving her no contact. When I do contact her she is blunt over text message, but when I bump into her in person, she is chatty, flirty and always looks at me in 'that' way.

So I have tried to meet up with her a few times, she always says she is busy and that she will get hold of me when she's free. She never does..

So I told her she would cook for me and she said she would return the favour. I as planning on texting her today and asking to meet on Saturday for a meal.

But I look at my phone this morning, and I have a snapchat picture from her, in bed with another bloke taken at like 2am...

Why on earth would she send me that??
    This does NOT mean that she likes you. She's probably just a friendly person who doesn't want to hurt your feelings/create an awkward situation.

ReputationRep:
    Stay clear of her, she's obviously loving the fact that your still into her hence the flirting when you do see her. As for the picture I have no idea why she sent you that other than to annoy you.
    All I can advise is stop texting and if you bump into her be as cold as she is to you over text. You deserve better than some girl getting off on playing with your feelings, I know it may hurt for a while I've had the same thing done to me.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

ReputationRep:
    ouch... perhaps to give you a hint that she's not really that interested in you and has moved on... pretty harsh way to do it though :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salapanda)
    This does NOT mean that she likes you. She's probably just a friendly person who doesn't want to hurt your feelings/create an awkward situation.
    If she didn't want to hurt his feelings/create an awkward situation why send that picture :P.
    Just ignore her she's playing with you honestly someone like that its not worth your time and effort to get her back.

Should I text her saying something along the lines of "Please don't send me stuff like that again. It's immature and insensitive from you. Thanks"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FanboyBob)
    If she didn't want to hurt his feelings/create an awkward situation why send that picture :P.
    Just ignore her she's playing with you honestly someone like that its not worth your time and effort to get her back.
    Haha that's true, but that's a text message. She doesn't have to see the results of the picture! Unless he turns up on her doorstep.

Should I text her saying something along the lines of "Please don't send me stuff like that again. It's immature and insensitive from you. Thanks"
    No, you should delete her number. It's really hard to not contact someone you like but seriously, don't. Getting in touch with her will not have a positive impact on the situation..

ReputationRep:

NO NO NO NO. That will make it sound like its getting to you just don't send her anything and if she sends you something just reply bluntly.

(Original post by Salapanda)
    Haha that's true, but that's a text message. She doesn't have to see the results of the picture! Unless he turns up on her doorstep.

No, you should delete her number. It's really hard to not contact someone you like but seriously, don't. Getting in touch with her will not have a positive impact on the situation..

(Original post by FanboyBob)
    NO NO NO NO. That will make it sound like its getting to you just don't send her anything and if she sends you something just reply bluntly.
    Well it is getting to me. I want her to know that it's immature and she's a moron for doing it. I've mentioned it to my friends and they say I should send her that text?

ReputationRep:
    Stay away, you deserve to be treated better.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is getting to me. I want her to know that it's immature and she's a moron for doing it. I've mentioned it to my friends and they say I should send her that text?
    No! Do not reply. Just block it on your phone if you can, then delete her contact details. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by trying to have the last word.

ReputationRep:
    Which is exactly the effect she was going for.

I'm sorry to say this mate, genuinely, cos I know that breaking up with someone you care about sucks, but you need to take your hand, shove it down your pants and find a pair. You're letting a short relationship that ended 5 months ago effect your life to an extent the girl has sent you pictures of her and a new guy and you are still trying to respond to her. Let it go. You're being a ***** (sorry). If a friend broke up with someone after a number of years I'd be expecting this after the breakup, potentially not 5 months down the line.

She clearly wants you to stop texting her, so take the hint.

ReputationRep:
    Don't reply, seriously.

She's making it very clear that she's not interested by being blunt with you and always saying she's busy and not contacting you. She probably sent the picture because she doesn't know how to make it any clearer to you that she's not interested and she's moved on.

The fact that you still keep trying to contact her when she's so clearly not interested is a little creepy and obsessive, especially as you only went out for like a month...

Don't reply to the picture, let go.

ReputationRep:
    You need to move on and she sounds like a cow.

Nice and simple.

ReputationRep:
    send her a pic of an empty toilet bowl, captioned; number of ****s given.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with everyone. She is horrible.
    Stringing you along, saying she'll meet up, saying yes to cooking for each other.
    In her mind (and probably to her friends too... eugh) she was completely justified in sending you that picture to get you to 'get the idea and back off', but she's actually just a horrible person. She has no reason for acting the way she is apart from personal enjoyment.

Don't send her that text though, that's exactly what she wants. It's very hard, but seriously don't say anything. Cutting all contact will put an end to her cruel fun.

ReputationRep:
    She knows it's immature and is probably hoping it will get to you. Just stop texting her. She doesn't like you. You're only making problems for yourself by clinging onto the past, the only way you can move on is to stop contacting her. If you keep bugging her she is going to keep doing things like this to you and you're never going to be able to move on and have a healthy relationship with a girl who likes you as much as you like her. Perhaps you should talk to someone? It sounds like it was a very intense relationship that you are struggling to get over.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.