The Student Room Group

Uni choices

Hey guys.
I am wondering which uni is better to choose for medicine. Cardiff or Belfast? If so, why? Need to make decision soon. Thanks.
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
Hey guys.
I am wondering which uni is better to choose for medicine. Cardiff or Belfast? If so, why? Need to make decision soon. Thanks.

I think you're coming at this from the wrong direction. Neither is objectively better than the other, but there will undoubtedly be differences between the two universities. You should know what sort of things you'd prefer from a medical school, so think about that, and then see how both of those universities match up to your preferences - alternatively, just get all the information on both universities that you can and compare and see what YOU like. Two Cardiff and Belfast students might say the exact same thing, but from the opposite side, i.e. "Cardiff is better than Belfast because it does dissection instead of prosection."
"Belfast is better than Cardiff because it does prosection instead of dissection."
Those two statements probably aren't accurate, btw. I don't know a damn thing about either university. :tongue:

There's some stuff from Cardiff students here and here.
Hey guys.

Ireland or Wales? What's the location like for you, as well as living costs, accommodation, student life and so on?

I was under the impression that for Medicine it wouldn't matter much which of the two you picked in terms of its impact on your career.

Compare the course structure/style too, and see how you'd prefer to be taught.
Hey guys.

Have you visited either of them or looked at the course structure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending