Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    I'll have been living in UK for over 3 years before start of my course. I'm an EU national. I have less than 3 years work experience, but I have been living on my own the whole time in UK. I've been working for little over 2 years, then I went to college. Since then I have been living off my savings. I am almost 23. I recently sent my application stating that I am self-supportive migrant worker. I applied for maintenance and tuition fee loans and maintenance grant. Am I eligible? Did I fill the application correctly and will be considered self-supportive migrant worker?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi MT,

As you have been resident in the UK for 3 years or more you were able to apply for funding in the same way as a UK national without being considered as a migrant worker.

As you are under 25 years old we will require your parents to provide their financial information from the 11/12 tax year or equivalent to assess you for a maintenance grant award.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot! That's really helpful. I already sent my application and it seems there is no way to edit self supportive section. What can I do in that case? Also, if I send my parents' evidence do I need to translate it to English?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi MT,

I would suggest speaking to a member of our EU team on 0141 243 3570 and letting them know that you've applied using the wrong application.

Once you've done this your should register for an online account, if you haven't already and make an application through the online account.

When your parents send evidence they will need to provide translated copies of their financial evidence.

Hope this helps!
    Mark-Lee

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.