Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I apply for another job or stay where I am? watch

ReputationRep:
    I started my new job nearly two weeks ago at a caravan park. In some ways i am enjoying it but in others i'm not!
    Okay, so the job is really easy all i have to do is sell sweets to children in a little kids shop from 5pm -8pm and i'm getting paid £5.00 an hour which is so good! But my problems are that the park is dead and i don't get any customers all night, although it is meant to be really busy during the summer. Also my boss has put me on the entertainments team and a new entertainer is joining next week, apparently he doesn't like kids much and is going to make me do all of the dances and parties etc. The problem is i'm really shy and quiet and don't want to do it at all!

I'm started college in September and have applied to do beauty therapy, and i have just found out that a spa in town are taking on employees 'Suitable applicants will still be at college but wanting to gain experience with the chance to do some treatments, minimum wage'
    Should i apply for the job or stay where i am? I'm really unsure!!
    At my current job the positives are:
    - Good pay
    - The people i work with are nice (although someone i befriended is leaving to work in the kitchen so i wont see them anyway :/)
    - The job is easy (at the moment)
    - Suitable hours
    - The entertainment may build my confidence?
    - Close by
    The negatives are:
    - It's boring (at the moment)
    - I'm terrified about performing and speaking on the microphone (which is what i have to do when the new entertainer arrives next week! )
    - When my friends leaves to work in the kitchen i'll have no one to talk to.
    - I don't want to do stupid dancing and talking on the mic

The spa job positives:
    - Its for college students
    - Experience
    - Its what i want to do (i think!!)
    The negatives are:
    - Minimum wage
    - I have to pay to get there (so by the end of the day i wouldn't have earned much)
    - I would have to leave my current job after only being there for 2 weeks :/

Ahh! I'm so stuck on what to do! I like my current job but am so scared about doing the entertainment, if i didn't have to do kids dances and talking on the mic i would be fine! Help me
    (Sorry for it being major long!)

ReputationRep:
    anyonee?

ReputationRep:
    Go for the job that "Its what i want to do (i think!!)" otherwise you will get too comfortable doing the job you are currently doing and not want to step outside your comfort zone into other fields.

Also if your current job isn't your dream job whats the harm in trying something new?

Make sure you don't burn any bridges with your current job as you leave though in case you decide you do want to go back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    Go for the job that "Its what i want to do (i think!!)" otherwise you will get too comfortable doing the job you are currently doing and not want to step outside your comfort zone into other fields.

Also if your current job isn't your dream job whats the harm in trying something new?

Make sure you don't burn any bridges with your current job as you leave though in case you decide you do want to go back
    Good advice, thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.