The Student Room Group

Your most boring GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Back int day... maths GCSE was the worst. We did a linear exam in November - and I got a C.. and that was all I needed for college, so I spent half of year 11 asleep. Literally, asleep in the middle of the lessons. Because I'd already passed. One lesson I played New Super Mario Bros. on DS and my teacher didn't even catch me...

Also, fun fact, in my final maths GCSE exam I fell asleep in the exam - I did as much as I could do and I was pretty tired so put my head on the desk - half an hour later I wake up 5 minutes from the end of the exam, exam paper stuck to my face from drool... but, I GOT A B :biggrin:

a close second would be WJEC geography - I still facepalm every time I remember I seriously took geography GCSE.
Reply 121
Eng Literature was extremely boring for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
English Literature - Most boring for me i really don't care about poetry
english - both tyoes but especially poetry... even if a book or poem was vaguely interesting before, the teachers made sure it wasent
Reply 124
I did mine a while ago. R.E had the most dullest teacher ever who didn't even turn up to half the lessons, English language and English literature. I love reading but frankly the books that we had to read as a class throughout secondary school were such a bore.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 125
ICT.

Print-Screening every page of a 30-odd paged word document just bored me to tears.
Ict. Over 100 page report on complete rubbish -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Most definitely ICT, the Controlled Assessments were awful and the content is just boring!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Learning for Life and work which was compulsory and it was also the most infuriating sets of exams and coursework. One of the exam questions was "Bob is a mechanic. What is Bob's job?"<<<<<Seriously? And the teacher would always say you don't have to do much revising just explain your opinion, ohhh but no your opinion is wrong. The coursework was basically a novel on under age binge drinking which ironically drove many to exactly that.
Reply 129
All the people who hate english literature:O it is making me sad inside.
My most boring GCSE (actually, it's not a GCSE, it's an OCR nationals thing, but anyway) has to be ICT. It is so tedious and boring and pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Business and Communication Studies.

It was compulsory at our school, and I was already doing Business Studies which wasn't that fun either... so double the boredom for me yay. No surprised I got the same grade in both lessons though 'eh :P
Original post by Albino
ICT, not challenging at all and the teachers blocked all the games.

I have to agree with you about how easy ICT is. I did short course at GCSE and that was exactly the same. Even one of my old teachers said that you could crack on with it, get all the coursework done in year 10 and then just sit there with nothing to do all of year 11 because it was that easy. Especially as on the shools intranet, there was a load of ideas for the coursework etc. And the exam wasnt until the end of year 11. I sat typing up my geography coursework in a few ICT lessons, there was that little to do.
My school was the same though about blocking games. We would go from one website to the next as they got blocked one by one. My school even blocked google at one point!!
r.s..... its a compulsory subject and feel pressurised into studying what the hell the belief of god is........ there's thing called science
Reply 133
Geography... Not so boring as frustrating! I was getting A*s in every practice exam we did in class before the exam and my teacher gave me an A* for every test I gave him outside of class. Then, in the real exam, after lots of revision, i got an E. Everyone failed that year. People who wanted A*s were getting Us. And that was when it dawned on us that maybe out teacher wasn't the best... We all resat and most of us got A*s the second time since we didn't listen to a word of advice from my teacher. I was one of the few people to not get A*. i got an A.
Reply 134
Original post by KamikazeTwist
English Literature - Most boring for me i really don't care about poetry

This is probably the most interesting.

The most boring is ICT which presents no challenge and is really on a retarded level.

Quick Reply

Latest