Three generations of a family wiped out in one military strike Watch

brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 6+6=6)
then surely you would not mind UN ruling to ensure that this occurs, after all surely there is nothing to fear of a resolution preventing such loss of life in the future unless you plan to show such disregard for Human life again?
As Israel has promised to prevent this from happening again, India feels their to be no need for a resolution. If it were to happen again, a resolution could then be introduced.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by brimstone)
As Israel has promised to prevent this from happening again, India feels their to be no need for a resolution. If it were to happen again, a resolution could then be introduced.
Israel backs and agrees with India's comments.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
Doesn't take much to impress you, does it?

The UK thanks the German representative for so kindly highlighting that.
Is the UK representative meant to be representing the British attorney general or the British prime minister?
MMA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Israel will do her best to preserve innocent human life in the future.
With all due respect this is exactly what you told me two weeks ago during another thread. Why should we believe you this time when this keeps happening every few weeks? It is time the world took a stand against Israel's reckless and self serving behaviour before more innocent lives are lost. Why do you think there are people that are driven to commit suicide aattcks when you commit such horendous crimes as this? It is time you stopped the double standards and sorted your methods out.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MMA)
With all due respect this is exactly what you told me two weeks ago during another thread. Why should we believe you this time when this keeps happening every few weeks? It is time the world took a stand against Israel's reckless and self serving behaviour before more innocent lives are lost. Why do you think there are people that are driven to commit suicide aattcks when you commit such horendous crimes as this? It is time you stopped the double standards and sorted your methods out.
With all due respect, you do realise that I, as a representative, can not actually control what Israel does in "real life."

Secondly, suicide bombs are on purpose. All these killings to innocent lives have been accidental. There is no excuse for terrorism and you are trying to justify it. Israel expects know more off a country like Syria.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
China urges Israel to take all possible measures to ensure there are no future civilian casualties, but recognizes that this is often a difficult thing to do.
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is Syria suggesting Israel is trying to kill as many civilians as possible? What would they have to gain from that?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Is the UK representative meant to be representing the British attorney general or the British prime minister?
The Queen.

But no, really, we represent the British government which ultimately represents the people.
Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indonesia would like to adopt a similar stand as China and urge that Israel go the distance in preventing such indiscriminate attacks, but we understand that the occasional slips do occure. We, however, would like to urge Israel not to resort to any armed violence to resolve the ongoing conflict with Palestine and Iran - they will lead nowhere.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Israel thanks China and Indonesia for their fair responses.
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
The Queen.

But no, really, we represent the British government which ultimately represents the people.
no that would be if we had a system of proportional representation
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Right ding dong everybody off, off topic station . Back on topic please :p: You can discuss British electoral system in the off topic thread.
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nightowl)
Right ding dong everybody off, off topic station . Back on topic please :p: You can discuss British electoral system in the off topic thread.
Yes Mr Nightowl
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oooh, fiesty old Nightowl-bot eh
And no doubt he'd have a few words to say in support of Labour
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Brimstone)
And no doubt he'd have a few words to say in support of Labour
:eviltongu to Labour.
*Notices large number of Pro-Labour Representatives* *runs away* :vroam:
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*chases* :p:
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was going to trip you up, but then I realised computers don't have legs
MMA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
With all due respect, you do realise that I, as a representative, can not actually control what Israel does in "real life."
You might not be able to change what they do in ''real life'', but that does not mean that I won't hold you to account for what you say on here. If you tell me that Israel only rarely kills Palestinian civilians and I see it happening every few weeks I have a right to come on here and complain to you.

Secondly, suicide bombs are on purpose. All these killings to innocent lives have been accidental. There is no excuse for terrorism and you are trying to justify it. Israel expects know more off a country like Syria.
I did not try to justify terrorism or say it was right. All I did was explore the reasons why someone might be driven to blow themselves up. In my opinion it is a mistake not to discuss the reasons for terrorism. If we don't discuss the reasons for terrorism, how are we meant the stop it from happening? Stop accusing me of justifying terrorism when all I did was suggest the reasons why someone may partake in it. I did not give any opinion on whether it was right or wrong.

(Original post by Nightowl)
Is Syria suggesting Israel is trying to kill as many civilians as possible? What would they have to gain from that?
We don't beleive that Israel is going out on purpose with the mission to kill as many civilians as possible. What we do believe is that Israel does not value the lives of Palestinian civilians enough to care about whether they die in anti-terrorist operations. The safety of Palestinian civilians is a secondary issue compared to killing the supposed terrorists. In our opinion this is a grossly negligent and self-serving way for Israel to conduct itself.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MMA)
You might not be able to change what they do in ''real life'', but that does not mean that I won't hold you to account for what you say on here. If you tell me that Israel only rarely kills Palestinian civilians and I see it happening every few weeks I have a right to come on here and complain to you.
Considering the amount of operations on terrorists Israel performs, the number of innocent people killed are a significantly low proportion, so these things do not happen all the time at all. Last time I discussed this with you, it was a while ago and over a case that has been investigated over for a while. It wasn't a recent attack. It has also been common for terrorists to mingle with civilians to make them hard to catch, which is another reason for these tragedies.

I did not try to justify terrorism or say it was right. All I did was explore the reasons why someone might be driven to blow themselves up. In my opinion it is a mistake not to discuss the reasons for terrorism. If we don't discuss the reasons for terrorism, how are we meant the stop it from happening? Stop accusing me of justifying terrorism when all I did was suggest the reasons why someone may partake in it. I did not give any opinion on whether it was right or wrong.
You said, and I quote, "Why do you think there are people that are driven to commit suicide aattcks when you commit such horendous crimes as this?" - to me, you are implying that terrorists have good reasons to attack innocent Israeli cititizens, many of which disagree with the government as it is. There is NO excuse for terrorism. Remember, Israel would not need to carry out operations on terrorists if they didn't exist in the first place!

We don't beleive that Israel is going out on purpose with the mission to kill as many civilians as possible. What we do believe is that Israel does not value the lives of Palestinian civilians enough to care about whether they die in anti-terrorist operations. The safety of Palestinian civilians is a secondary issue compared to killing the supposed terrorists. In our opinion this is a grossly negligent and self-serving way for Israel to conduct itself.
Israel does value the lives of Palestinians which is why we have launched an investigation into this. The responsible soldiers will be dealt with. We have already stated we are saddened by the deaths of the family and we send our deepest sympathies to all Palestinians affected.

This is going round in circles. I've repeated myself several times on this thread and I do not see a need to carry on the debate. There is little more, as a representative, I can do.
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The United States is highly disappointed that this topic is brought up so often, yet other tradegies involving casualties are often ignored.
The United States would like to inform both Syria and Saudi Arabia, that as long as terrorist attacks and sucicide bombers continue their dispicable actions, casualties will occur.
The fact that is often never mentioned is that sucicide bombers kill almost as many civilians as the Israeli army does by accident.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise