Duke of Edinburgh Gold? Watch

Magickal_Faerie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey, has anyone finished their Gold Award recently? I finished mine last november, and got it sent off straight away, but havent heard anything yet about an award ceremony! has anyone heard anything? Just wondering. Also, what did you do for your awards? and did you complete bronze and silver, too?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Stagestruckgal)
Hey, has anyone finished their Gold Award recently? I finished mine last november, and got it sent off straight away, but havent heard anything yet about an award ceremony! has anyone heard anything? Just wondering. Also, what did you do for your awards? and did you complete bronze and silver, too?
I'm about to finish mine in about 3 weeks.

I don't actually do the Duke of Edinburgh -- I do its equivalent in Singapore, i.e. the National Youth Achievement Award (Gold).

I didn't do the bronze/silver award FYI.

Did a whole lot of activities from learning a language to a new skill to mountain trekking to organising a massive enrichment activity to students.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've done Bronze, and I'll hopefully be starting Silver in Sept/Oct :s:
Magickal_Faerie
Rep:
?
cool. brimstone - dont give up now - go all the way to gold! Dont start something you cant finish

knogle, what did you enjoy the most? in all of your award? i enjoyed the Gold qualifying exploration - was lotsa fun!

And, if you dont mind me asking, how do you do your award in singapore when you say you're in the arctic?????????????????????????? ??????????
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Stagestruckgal)
cool. brimstone - dont give up now - go all the way to gold! Dont start something you cant finish

knogle, what did you enjoy the most? in all of your award? i enjoyed the Gold qualifying exploration - was lotsa fun!

And, if you dont mind me asking, how do you do your award in singapore when you say you're in the arctic?????????????????????????? ??????????
I can't identify any activity in particular oddly enough. My exploration is the only limiting factor right now, and I'll be doing that early next Month. I've gone camping a lot, but the last time I organised a 5d4n expedition by myself is a looooong while back.

I'm not in he Arctic dear.
Navajo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've done all 3 I finished my Gold last year. It takes about 6/8 months for you to be invited to the ceremony.

Also, you have to go, you get split up into groups of about 10 and the DoE himself has a chat with you all for about 5/10 mins in front of your parents as well. And then he goes onto other groups. You then get awarded your DoE Gold by a celeb from your region, i.g. mine was a welsh fottballer from Leed Utd.

You have to go, it's a wicked day!
Magickal_Faerie
Rep:
?
i am going, i just havent heard anything yet
The Basilisk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I still need to do my bronze - I've taken up street dancing for my physical and tennis for my skill. I'm also trying to get work at my local Help the Aged.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did all three and got my gold a couple of years ago - it does take a while since they do big ceremonies with lots of people from different areas.
You also get it awarded by different people since then they can cram lot in one day, then the duke comes round and meets you 10 at a time for a few minutes.

Sadly I live in Wales, so I had an obscure rugby player to present mine, but I got to grab a minute or two with adam hart davis, so it was worth it

Dont worry though - they'll find the most inappropriate time possible to hold it for you, i'm sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads