Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've had mild acne since I was about 13, and went on a prescription face cream when I was about 15, a year and a half ago. I can't remember what it was called but it worked alright, however I became resistant to the antibiotic so my doctor put me on DUAC.
    I've been using it for roughly four weeks now, and my skin has become awful, the worst it's ever been. I'm getting big red spots that won't go away. It's getting me down a bit . I've heard that DUAC makes it worse before it gets better. Does anyone have any experience of this?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My housemate uses it and think it's great. But it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. I see people on here raving about Zineryt and saying how great it is, when it doesn't do a thing for me.

Duac might not work for you, I'd go back to the doctor again and ask if it's worth persevering or if you should try something else.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have acne a few years ago and among other things i have used duac. Don't worry changing antibiotics etc. always leads to a flare up but it will die down, I used three different antibiotics (at different times obv) and happened every time given its already been a month I would have thought your skin should be calming down by now though, within a few weeks definitely, everyone reacts differently though so if it persists go and try something else, good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used DUAC, got it on prescription by my dermatologist. Didnt work at all, my face got so dry and irritated! Then he gave me doxycycline pills, also didnt work...

So I would stop using it, and ask for something else!

I stopped seeing the dermatologist anyways, because nothing worked! Now i am using Gladskin, works wonderfull, sport are almost gone, and no more new breakouts!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.