Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here's the situation... i really wanna go to birmingham... i applied 27th feb. Still no answer... when i log on to the online system it says pending decision... Should i email someone from the dept or the admissions and say hey what's going on, how's it going... OR wait?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcr2288)
    Here's the situation... i really wanna go to birmingham... i applied 27th feb. Still no answer... when i log on to the online system it says pending decision... Should i email someone from the dept or the admissions and say hey what's going on, how's it going... OR wait?

thanks
    I suspect you are no their reserve list. No harm in asking I suppose.

ReputationRep:

thanks
    I've been wondering the same thing lately! I applied to Imperial on 22 Feb and my application has been "processing" for almost 7 weeks now... On one hand I don't want to annoy them, but on the other I want to put my name out there and let them know that they're my top choice. I think I may email, I don't think it will hurt anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbygal)
    I've been wondering the same thing lately! I applied to Imperial on 22 Feb and my application has been "processing" for almost 7 weeks now... On one hand I don't want to annoy them, but on the other I want to put my name out there and let them know that they're my top choice. I think I may email, I don't think it will hurt anything!
    It can be frustrating.Son applied to 6 unis. He has had five interviews (never heard from Edinburgh) and has had two offers, one of which he has accepted. He has heard nothing frm the other three since the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone...

that's what i thought too olddad. The reserve list is like, "we 're waiting for some confirmations and if some people reject we'll accept you" right??

mm..maybe...

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone...

that's what i thought too olddad. The reserve list is like, "we 're waiting for some confirmations and if some people reject we'll accept you" right??

mm..maybe...
    think that's right

ReputationRep:

thanks
    Personally I should contact them. I applied there for Physics in October and got an offer from them the week after. I think some departments are a lot slower and you applied later than me but if it's worrying you there's no harm in asking What did you apply for? I'm aware of people that have been messed about with their applications for sports-related subjects there.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for MSc in food safety. I don't know whether it is a competitive subject or not... i haven't met anyone that is going to do that there or already applied... :/

how should i ask them? what should i say? i already mentioned in some of my emails that they 're my first choice... and i also sent my cv to one of the lecturers after i told him that i liked his research and applied in the dept...

ReputationRep:
    I applied for MSc in food safety. I don't know whether it is a competitive subject or not... i haven't met anyone that is going to do that there or already applied... :/

how should i ask them? what should i say? i already mentioned in some of my emails that they 're my first choice... and i also sent my cv to one of the lecturers after i told him that i liked his research and applied in the dept...
    Hmm I'm sorry, I don't know anything about that course at Birmingham :/ Maybe you should try calling them and tell them that you're worried about where you stand in regards to getting an offer from them. If you call them they have to give you a straight answer instead of ignoring you. Do your grades meet the requirements? If you're borderline they might be waiting until they find out how many places are left on the course. Don't get disheartened though, no news is good news

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mcr2288;42165503]Here's the situation... i really wanna go to birmingham... i applied 27th feb. Still no answer... when i log on to the online system it says pending decision... Should i email someone from the dept or the admissions and say hey what's going on, how's it going... OR wait?

thanks[/QUOTEI assmed you were talking PhD's here. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    Hmm I'm sorry, I don't know anything about that course at Birmingham :/ Maybe you should try calling them and tell them that you're worried about where you stand in regards to getting an offer from them. If you call them they have to give you a straight answer instead of ignoring you. Do your grades meet the requirements? If you're borderline they might be waiting until they find out how many places are left on the course. Don't get disheartened though, no news is good news

yeah thats what i think...no news is good news...hehe i'll give them a call tomorrow and see... fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what i think...no news is good news...hehe i'll give them a call tomorrow and see... fingers crossed...
    Yeah, don't get too worried They're lovely people (at least in Physics, but I think it's friendly everywhere else) so they should hopefully give you some reassurance :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.