Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks student finance.

My course finishes on the 2nd May and I have yet to receive a single penny of childcare support from you. With a £600 pound nursery bill every month and two children under 5 this has been so stressful for our family.

I have been waiting for 3 x the "7-10' days you ned need to get the lea approval before the money is released and still nothing is being done. Just been told you can't even chase it up as we are still within the time frame!!!!

How am I supposed to carry on like this?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Charlotte,

Very sorry to hear this.

Have their been delays to your application being processed from earlier in the year? Have you had to send additional evidence items or similar?

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have had to send in evidence of all income and outgoings and my husband is a dependent adult, but now you have all the evidence and it's been approved, I seem to be stuck in an endless system of having to wait again for a manager to approve it. How hard is it to get something signed off? Part of the reason I have had to wait for this long because someone there sent my information to the wrong department for assessment!

I don't think you realise what the affect of you having delays causes families. My nursery is on the brink of refusing to let my Son attend as I can't pay them, yet I need him in childcare additional days as I'm writing my dissertation but because I can't afford to pay them I have to work through the night to try and catch up. My mortgage hasn't been paid for 3 months and right now I can't even afford to get the food shopping as we are well over our overdraft (and being charged fees for this). Until I get some money from you none of this will change.

Every single day I phone and chase this and nothing has changed.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Charlotte,

I've been a student myself so I can definitely understand your situation.

Can you send me your customer reference number by private message and i'll do my best to get this sorted for you. Unfortunately I can't promise it'll be resolved today but i'll do my best to get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Mark-Lee

I have sent you a private message with my details. I would really appreciate it if you could help me at all.

Thanks, Charlotte

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.