Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just wondered if any nursing students can tell me this as im waiting for clearing now. i applied for nursing (adult) and got rejected.. changed my personal statement and applied for another nursing course..got interview and was unsuccessful..just wondering rather than go through extra and risk getting another unsuccessful i should go through clearing instead? also if i applied to uni then put in another personal statement and ring again through clearing for a different course in uni are they likely to give me a chance? i know it says to be flexible and open in clearing (which i obviously am) but that will be my third course applied to (nursing) - i do have the grades to get in but think i didnt demonstrate enough knowledge of the role (thats the feedback for the first time and i know thats what let me down at interview the second time). hopefully though that will give me a few months to research/do some more volunteering etc. im hoping it wont go against me - i know some people have applied for totally different courses before and then got in through clearing with no questions asked about the change of heart..but think its more difficult when you actually get an interview at this stage. can anyone give me any advice as i would ideally like to get a place this year.

ReputationRep:
    You only applied to 2 places? Why?
    Use up your 5 choices (i.e. make another 3 applications) and then consider clearing.

However, remember nursing is highly competitive. Experience in care in some capacity is recommended. I doubt that there are many places in clearing for nursing.

You could always apply next year, and use the time to gain some experience?

ReputationRep:
    i have applied to 5 places - two of those places i dont think ive a chance of getting in at all - i used them up so i could maybe go through extra - one of the unis i applied to picks people randomly so dont think ive got a great chance. the other uni i applied to ive since found out i need a higher grade so that ones out as well. the uni ive applied for two courses to is the nearest one to me. ive got 4 years experience of nursing/health care and nearly 5 in social care so i know thats not the problem - am willing to do more though. will have to try for next year if not.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, with all that experience maybe you should get your personal statement looked over? It's a huge part of your application so maybe that's what caused your problem
    What were your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.