Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer from Bradford Uni on 16th January, then few weeks later on Ucas website it said I need to respond to my offer by 8th May.

Now the problem is I haven't yet completed my student finance as I'm waiting for some income details to come and also my current course at college ends at June, so I won't know whether I got enough Ucas points to get to uni until June. What will happen if I accept my offer but didn't get enough Ucas points? Also do I need to accept my offer to be able to visit open day?

ReputationRep:
    No. open days are usually there to help you make a decision. I doubt there is any need to accept the offer beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    Most people's college courses won't end until June, and those doing A Levels won't know their results until August so it's always a bit of a gamble when applying to university. This is why you put a higher (but still achievable offer as your firm choice, and you put a university with a lower enter requirement as your insurance choice.That way, if you find out in June you haven't fulfilled the terms of your conditional offer (there's a slight chance they may still let you in) you can always attend your insurance university (if you've fulfilled their offer).

You can attend to the visit day without accepting their offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.