Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like reading manga and because I'm quite busy with school stuff recently I haven't been able to catch up with the manga stories that I normally read during my free time or check out any new manga story... You could tell me the manga that you like and maybe share some recommendation for others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading Naruto for a while now, I'm up to date on it at the moment but I found myself having to wait a whole week for a new chapter of a storyline which wasn't progressing as well as I would have liked so I started reading Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn, a friend recommended it to me but at the moment it's pretty repetitive so I think I'm going to stop reading it.

I was thinking about reading One Piece but I'm also busy with school so I wouldn't have enough time to get up to speed with it since it's pretty long.

What about you? What manga are you reading at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mário)
    I've been reading Naruto for a while now, I'm up to date on it at the moment but I found myself having to wait a whole week for a new chapter of a storyline which wasn't progressing as well as I would have liked so I started reading Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn, a friend recommended it to me but at the moment it's pretty repetitive so I think I'm going to stop reading it.

I was thinking about reading One Piece but I'm also busy with school so I wouldn't have enough time to get up to speed with it since it's pretty long.

What about you? What manga are you reading at the moment?
    I've always loved Detective Conan (Case Closed) and I read Naruto too. I grew up with Detective Conan and Doraemon. I rarely read manga anymore since 2011 so I guess do I have a lot of catching up to do :P! But during this Easter break a friend of mine (who reads manga everyday) started telling me about 'Kare First Love'. I liked the sound of it and I started reading it and I'm hooked with the storyline, it's so good! I've read other short story manga in the past too but I don't think I remember them all haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GTO - great teacher onizuka

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fruits Basket. I might be biased because it was my first manga, but even if it was my 10th or 20th manga it would definitely be my favourite. It evoked just about every emotion out of me - anger, sadness, laughter, self-loathe and hope. I also read it at a time when I was going through some self-esteem issues, and some of the stuff I could really relate to! It really is a coming of age story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSD)
    GTO - great teacher onizuka

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to check it out. Do you read Detective Conan (Case Closed) or Doraemon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love One Piece! Although it's slow to take off, it progressively gets better. It's now on chapter 705, and it's just so good! The author (Oda) is excellent at building up a scene and making everything epic whilst also adding humor - its just fantastic.

I HIGHLY recommend it

EDIT: How did I forget Death Note? That's a MUST! It's only 37 episodes long, so you can also watch the series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Fruits Basket. I might be biased because it was my first manga, but even if it was my 10th or 20th manga it would definitely be my favourite. It evoked just about every emotion out of me - anger, sadness, laughter, self-loathe and hope. I also read it at a time when I was going through some self-esteem issues, and some of the stuff I could really relate to! It really is a coming of age story.
    Wow! It sounds fab, I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for sharing, by the way do you read manga on your phone? I have an iPhone and I've been trying to find good manga apps and I found an app called Manga Rock... Please tell me if you do know any other manga apps, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious544d)
    I love One Piece! Although it's slow to take off, it progressively gets better. It's now on chapter 705, and it's just so good! The author (Oda) is excellent at building up a scene and making everything epic whilst also adding humor - its just fantastic.

I HIGHLY recommend it

EDIT: How did I forget Death Note? That's a MUST! It's only 37 episodes long, so you can also watch the series.
    AHHH! Death Note! Yes! It's really guuuuuuuuurd haven't read that in ages! Thanks for sharing what type of manga genre do you read? Most of the time I find myself reading the 'cheesy' romance stuff hehe :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentHLe)
    Wow! It sounds fab, I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for sharing, by the way do you read manga on your phone? I have an iPhone and I've been trying to find good manga apps and I found an app called Manga Rock... Please tell me if you do know any other manga apps, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I tried to, I had an app called MangaShare I think (can't really remember), but it was really useless - kept crashing all time! I prefer going on a tablet to read it and just use mangafox.

ReputationRep:
    AHHH! Death Note! Yes! It's really guuuuuuuuurd haven't read that in ages! Thanks for sharing what type of manga genre do you read? Most of the time I find myself reading the 'cheesy' romance stuff hehe :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love Death Note. It has a special place in my heart Also have the DVD box set, manga box set and a giant wall poster :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to check it out. Do you read Detective Conan (Case Closed) or Doraemon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah im afraid I dont, im not so much into manga and anime anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    I tried to, I had an app called MangaShare I think (can't really remember), but it was really useless - kept crashing all time! I prefer going on a tablet to read it and just use mangafox.
    Ohh, when I don't use my phone (when I'm on the computer) I go on mangafox too :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSD)
    Ah im afraid I dont, im not so much into manga and anime anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw okay! Me neither haha, too much work from school ._.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    I love Death Note. It has a special place in my heart Also have the DVD box set, manga box set and a giant wall poster :cool:
    :O ADHSKDJALJQDHAAJKSDB NOOO WAY! That's awesome! ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It sounds and looks a bit cheesy at first, but Ouran High School Host Club is really good when you get into it. The plot is funny yet thought-provoking and explores the characters really deeply as you get further into the series. The characters themselves are wonderful, each one a satirical stereotype of traditional manga/anime character types.
    The anime series is only 26 episodes long, and it's got its own YouTube channel with all the episodes either dubbed or subtitled in English.

On a darker note (no pun intended), I've finally started reading/watching Death Note after being introduced to it by a friend, and I'm completely hooked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    It sounds and looks a bit cheesy at first, but Ouran High School Host Club is really good when you get into it. The plot is funny yet thought-provoking and explores the characters really deeply as you get further into the series. The characters themselves are wonderful, each one a satirical stereotype of traditional manga/anime character types.
    The anime series is only 26 episodes long, and it's got its own YouTube channel with all the episodes either dubbed or subtitled in English.

On a darker note (no pun intended), I've finally started reading/watching Death Note after being introduced to it by a friend, and I'm completely hooked!
    Hahaha I love the last bit of your post! Thanks for sharing and the manga you were talking about sounds interesting !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Death note is a MUST, one piece is the most popular manga in the world although theirs Jesus and buddha in it, its still amazing. EVERYONE MUST watch elfen lied had me crying for like a week and it been ranked the same as death note for some time so you know its good, besides that bleach is ok and to the Naruto fanboys and fangirls narutos final arc has been lacking a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Love Hina was my first and will always be my all time fave :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One Piece :yep:

I'm currently reading History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi though

Use mangastream.com

If they provide it, then it's good :yep:

Though the only show the most recent chapters, just read the previous chapters on other websites, mangapanda for example.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.