Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am coming to the end of the first year of my degree (Early Years Development and Education) and am having doubts about if this is the course for me, or if I should change to Psychology.
    If I were to change I would be starting over, from year one again. Would I get the finance to start again (as in another years worth of finance) and do I do it on the online student finance page or would the university have to change it for me?
    Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Charlotte,

Every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over their course length that can be used for a false start such as yours. This means that if you change to another course you'll still be entitled to a full degree of funding for it.

You will need to apply for your student finance as a new student again but using the same customer reference number. Once you've decided if you definitely wish to leave your course you university will update us with this information. This means that if you try to make an application online then the application will automatically be for the second year of your current course. To get around this you can send us a paper application instead, here's a link for the application: http://bit.ly/14XTnRe

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! That is a huge relief.

I am a bit too organised and already filled in my application for the second year's finance a few months ago (before I made up my mind), can I just send in the new form and it will adjust back to a first year grant?
    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Charlotte,

As you've already submitted your application you'll be able to amend it from your online account once it's been fully approved.

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.