Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tF9GZfG3z8

This is an american nurse, can british nurses wear something like that? if not-why have americans allowed this despite MRSA fears over there too.

I know muslims are allowed to wear long sleeves, but are non muslims allowed? despite the same degree of risk in transfer of MRSA, muslim or not.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, long sleeves are not recommended, but they must be rolled up whilst on the wards and during patient contact.

The revised rules, issued on March 26, make clear that staff can wear uniforms with long sleeves as long as they roll them up securely above their elbows to wash and when they are on the wards.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Q4FBo4QO

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be above the elbow, I have never come across a nurse wearing a long sleeved fitted top under a tunic.

ReputationRep:
    Most hospitals operate a "Naked Below the Elbow" policy, so no

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard that muslims are allowed to wear long sleeves? My local hospital has a lot of muslim doctors and all the one's I've seen had their sleeves above their elbows, rolled up or short.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.