Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

19 year old guy going out with 17 year old girl? Watch

I am a 19 year old guy and I've recently got to know a 17 year old girl really well and I get the impression that she really likes me.

However, would it be considered weird if we went out due to the age gap?

By the way, we're both staunch Christians and I don't believe in pre-marital sex.

ReputationRep:
    Seems ok to me, don't let other peoples opinion put you off.

ReputationRep:
    I know a 19 year old guy who goes out with a 17 year old girl, and they seem to be doing fine.

Of course, you'll probably have to put up with the obvious 'paedophile' jokes from some people, but if you can cope with that, then go ahead!

ReputationRep:
    No theres nothing weird about that at all.
    Both over the age of consent (even though you don't believe in pre-marital sex) so there's no problem.
    It's only two years, my aunt and uncle have a 16 year age gap!

ReputationRep:
    It's only two years which is normally not a gap at all. Even in late teens it isn't exactly a big gap.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's fine, I've seen way weirder age gaps!

ReputationRep:
    Not even a problem, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's weird at all! It's only a 2 year difference, no one thinks that a 21 year old and 23 year old going out is weird, so 17 and 19 should be no different

ReputationRep:
    Fine.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 17 and my boyfriend turns 21 in two months, and no-ones ever questioned me or given me funny looks about it :L
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    \frac{Your \ age}{2} + 7 = Minimum \ age \ you \ can \ date \\ \frac{19}{2} + 7 = 16.5

She makes it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Fine.
    All that needs to be said, really. I'm always a little surprised people still ask these questions.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 my boyfriend was 20, no big deal, never really noticed the difference to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I was 17 when me and my then girlfriend now fiancee got together when she was 19. Nothing odd about it whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't make a p0rno with her and it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    That was my age gap last year...so I think it's perfectly reasonable (Now 18 and 20 :P )

My parents have ten years between them and my grandparents have roughly 16!

ReputationRep:
    i would wait until she is 18 to be on the safe side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    \frac{Your \ age}{2} + 7 = Minimum \ age \ you \ can \ date \\ \frac{19}{2} + 7 = 16.5

She makes it!
    Oh my days, did you actually use Latex for this?! If so, legendary!

EDIT: why did I get negged for this?!! It was only a question!

ReputationRep:
    Only problem is you might not be able to go out to bars or clubs together but that is literally it. Not weird at all

ReputationRep:
    yeah its only 2 yrs difference

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.