Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I got offers from UCL (Biological science) and Kings (anatomy developmental and human Biology) and Im not sure what uni to firm. I prefer the course at Kings but UCL is higher than Kings in the overall rankings. I'm so confused in what to do! any advice is greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably have a fair bit of choice in what you want to do at UCL, so you could pick modules more related to developmental biology.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply. Im just not that sure I will be able to keep up with the workload at UCL

ReputationRep:
    Of course you will, it's hardly impossible - people manage fine. I go to UCL myself, and it can be intense at times, but so will everywhere else and probably isn't even that different to KCL. That'd be a silly reason to decline it.

ReputationRep:
    Kings:
    - You prefer the course

UCL:
    - More prestigious/higher ranking
    - Concerns about workload

To be honest, if you manage to get a place at a university, it means that you'll almost certainly cope with the workload.

I'd pick UCL and then look into the possibility of switching to Biomedical Sciences if you really want to.

ReputationRep:
    TUTS deleted my comments, they were intended to help senorchillitut out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senorchilli)
    Hi everyone,

I got offers from UCL (Biological science) and Kings (anatomy developmental and human Biology) and Im not sure what uni to firm. I prefer the course at Kings but UCL is higher than Kings in the overall rankings. I'm so confused in what to do! any advice is greatly appreciated

First of all congrats!
    Now, in both unis at the end of the first year you can switch your courses to Biochemistry, Biomedical science, pharmacology etc
    I've been saying this to other people as well-pick a university you are comfortable with!
    Both are Russel groups so either way you are in a good position.
    Besides, employers don't really care about your University, it's all about a 2:1 or above and tonnes of work experience.
    Seeing as you prefer the course in Kings, you should go there-Kings have excellent research links if you want to pursue that of course. i know a lot of people who have picked ranking over comfort/course in unis and college/sixth forms and they have sll regretted it.
    It is you choice at the end of the day, pick a uni you are comfortable with.

Good luck once you have made your choice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.