Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Posting parental info instead of filling it in online? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The SFE application has a section where both my parents need to submit information, but I was having trouble logging them in, since their previous login details were from when my sister first submitted a SFE application.

Instead, I filled in the interactive assessment form, printed it and sent it off last week. How long will SFE take to acknowledge it or update my online application thus far? I still have the 'loans' section left to complete, but can't access it because i'm prompted to fill in my parental information. Will SFE update my application automatically or do I need to do something else?

Also, my course has a year abroad, which could be an internship or studying at a different university for that given year. Which option to select when the application asks me what type of course it is? Is it considered a sandwich course or should I just opt for the normal undergraduate option?

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Suicidal,

The first thing you need to do is to get your application submitted. It sounds as though you've chosen for your parents to supply their details in the same session as you so you need to go back to your application and change this to 'separate session'.

Once you've done this you'll be able to continue with your application and to get it submitted. Is your year abroad in 13/14? If not we don't need to know anything about it until you're applying for student finance for the year you'll be away.

Your parents details will take around 3 weeks to be worked and added to your account.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Suicidal,

The first thing you need to do is to get your application submitted. It sounds as though you've chosen for your parents to supply their details in the same session as you so you need to go back to your application and change this to 'separate session'.

Once you've done this you'll be able to continue with your application and to get it submitted. Is your year abroad in 13/14? If not we don't need to know anything about it until you're applying for student finance for the year you'll be away.

Your parents details will take around 3 weeks to be worked and added to your account.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

Hi Mark-Lee

I tried to go back to my application and select a 'separate session' option, but I can't find it.

I only have the option for online submission. How do I navigate the separate session option?

The year abroad will be in three year's time, so that bit is okay.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi again,

If you can't change this online speak with one of our telephone advisers as they should be able to get his changed for you.

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi again,

If you can't change this online speak with one of our telephone advisers as they should be able to get his changed for you.

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee
    Okay, i'll call up at 9 tomorrow. I tried to get through today, but I was left waiting for over 20 minutes so I hung up.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.