Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's Masters eve!

Coverage of all 4 days will be on Sky Sports, with saturday and sunday aired on the BBC.

Thursday pairings are below;
    http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/

Par 3's teeing of tonight with coverage on Sky Sports 1 starting at 7pm.

Tiger's clear favourite, back to world no.1 and on pretty impeccable form going into it. But not sure if he'll have the bottle at Augusta. Should make for an interesting tournament all the same.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap there's a 14 year old kid playing :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to it, there should really be a general Golf thread on here lol, but on the subject on the masters all eyes will be on Tiger & Rory I'm guessing.

ReputationRep:
    Golf tournaments are tough to predict. Like to see Tiger win again or one of the English golfers, maybe Justin Rose as a dark horse. Westwood, Donald always bottle it on the big Majors and Poulter, can't seem to re-ignite his Ryder Cup intensity to the Masters.

Yeah - couldn't believe it when I read that a 14-year-old was going to play. I'm not totally in favour of it tbh - if he's got there via hard work then sure but if it's a wildcard entry then the kid doesn't need that sort of exposure. Give him a Pro-Am event to enjoy the occasion and practice with the big-named stars but he seems fairly calm so he might do himself proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I'm not totally in favour of it tbh - if he's got there via hard work then sure but if it's a wildcard entry then the kid doesn't need that sort of exposure. Give him a Pro-Am event to enjoy the occasion and practice with the big-named stars but he seems fairly calm so he might do himself proud.
    Apparently he qualified through winning the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship.

ReputationRep:
    Tiger may be favourite, but I still think Brandt Snedeker's got a decent chance. Besides, Tiger's gonna crumble today because he's not gonna be able to keep up with the golfing god that is Luke Donald.

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Holy crap there's a 14 year old kid playing :shock:
    Yeah, Tiger's said he's scary good! He won the Chinese amateur tour when he was 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Yeah, Tiger's said he's scary good! He won the Chinese amateur tour when he was 12
    Scary, guess he's got 7 years to beat Tiger at being the youngest winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary Barlow)
    Apparently he qualified through winning the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship.
    Found that out today so the experience will be good for him.

Unknowns are leading the way - Leishman, Lynn but also Garcia at the top somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Rickie Fowler annoys me already. He is incredibly punchable.

ReputationRep:
    Really want to see a British golfer win!

ReputationRep:
    Mods have taken happy gilmore out because of the tame language it contained, ridicularse.

Anyway, 1st days been quite interesting, as usual there's not a lot to conclude from it, still early days.
    Although that 14 year old kids doing alright for himself, he'll probably have to score at least level par tomorrow if he's to make the cut.

Friday's pairings and Tee times are below for anyone whose interested;
    http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/

ReputationRep:
    the 'favourite' never wins, especially in a sport like golf where you tend to get odd random winners most of the time

ReputationRep:
    I would love Rory McIlroy to do it this year, failing that Sergio Garcia. I think it's incredible a 14 year old is playing in it though!!

ReputationRep:
    Guan penalised for slow play, surprised to see Hunter Mahan on +14 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Rose, Westwood and McIlroy all in contention still

ReputationRep:
    Agree I like Sergio but the guys mentally frail. He just can't play 4 rounds of golf. If this were Basketball/American football you could say hes missing a clutch gene.

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh, Tiger's tied 1st. Its probably all over.

ReputationRep:
    Woods looks ominous whilst the British pack are still in there.

ReputationRep:
    Soooo, top 10 stands at;

Jason Day -6

Fred Couples -5
    Marc Leishman -5

Jim Furyk -4
    Angel Cabrera -4
    Brandt Snedeker -4

Tiger Woods -3
    Lee Westwood -3
    K.J. Choi -3
    Justin Rose -3

It's moving day, pairings and tee times can be found here; http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/

Coverage on the beeb starts tomorrow! finally. The best partnership in sports commentary, Ken Brown and Peter Alliss will be aired from 7:30pm BBC 2. No more having to put up with Colin Montgomerie and 'Bore' Harmon. Im looking forward to settling in with a cuppa and listening to Peter waffle on about the pretty flowers.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/22134938

thoughts? :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.