Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit long winded

I was a Feb starter in 2009/10 on a part time basis sitting two modules.
    In Sept 2010 (2010/11) I transferred to full time sitting 3 modules in semester a and three modules in semester B.
    (2011/12) I sat three modules in semester a and three modules in semester B.
    (2012/13) I sat two modules in semester a and two modules in semester B.

Therefore my studies have been extended by one semester because of transferring from part-time to full time and because of a time-table issue within the uni.

I am now being chased for £2312.00 from the uni for this semesters (semester B) tuition fee (part time).

I was advised by student finance over the phone that i can apply for student finance to cover this amount. But they did not say which form I need to fill out. Can someone please advise me as I need to get this sorted out ASAP???

Also will this affect my student finance application that I have already submitted for the PGCE which starts September 2013 (2013/14)???

I hope this makes sense and is not too much of a garbled message.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi K,

Firstly your PGCE application shouldn't be affected by this so don't worry.

I'm confused as to which academic year you owe fees for, can you let me know please?

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi K,

Firstly your PGCE application shouldn't be affected by this so don't worry.

I'm confused as to which academic year you owe fees for, can you let me know please?

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

They are saying that I owe fees for 2012/13.

If I had been a full time student from day one I would have finished in December 2012. But because I transferred from part time to full-time my studies were always going to overrun by one semester. Because of this they are saying I need to apply for a full year student finance to pay the tuition fee. I am also struggling financially to support myself and my two children. I just need some help in getting this sorted out.

I hope you can help further

Kim

ReputationRep:
    Hi again K,

Can you send me your customer reference number by private message and I'll do my best to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi again K,

Can you send me your customer reference number by private message and I'll do my best to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

I have sent you a private message with my CRN, but no reply yet.

I am getting really anxious as my results will be withheld if I do not pay up soon. This will affect my PGCE placement starting in September.

Kim

ReputationRep:
    Hi again there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

As far as I can tell there is no 12/13 application on file for you. Have you submitted one and if so when?

Thanks,
    Mark

ReputationRep:
    Hi again there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

As far as I can tell there is no 12/13 application on file for you. Have you submitted one and if so when?

Thanks,
    Mark

I have not yet put one through that is why you cannot see one. I need to know what application I need to fill out. Is it a full-time application form or part-time application form??? I am only doing 2 modules this semester.

Also in another completely unrelated question, has my name been changed on my records, I got married and have provided a copy of my marriage certificate which I have been told you have received as it is scanned onto the system, yet so far they do not seem to have processed the change.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.