Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark

My circumstances at the moment is that I'm looking to transfer back into first year onto a different course, at the moment I am in first year doing architecture. I've looked around and seen reports that have led me to believe that I will have to fund my first year myself, and that I will not be eligible for tuition fee loans or maintenance for this first year, but will be for the last three.

Can you tell me whether my assumption is correct?

Thanks, all the best.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Sille,

Every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over the length of their course.

If you are currently in your first year and want to change to another course you will eligible to receive a full degree of funding as long as you haven't had any previous study before your current first year.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Sille,

Every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over the length of their course.

If you are currently in your first year and want to change to another course you will eligible to receive a full degree of funding as long as you haven't had any previous study before your current first year.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    Great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Sille,

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    Hi, another query concerning extra funding, if I were to go on to apply for a Masters, would I still be able to get a loan for this?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.