Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from both. Before I got my offers I was leaning towards Glasgow because I didn't think I'd get into Edinburgh, but after getting an offer from Edinburgh I've started to prefer it. Now that I'm about to reply to my offers I'm not a 100 % sure anymore.

What attracts me to Edinburgh is its prestige and the city. The courses for years 3 and 4 also seem more interesting than those of Glasgow. There are also some great exchange destinations (so does Glasgow, but not as many for me personally) and the university seems more international (is this so?), which would be quite nice, since I'm a EU student myself. However, I'm intimidated by Edinburgh's reputation as a posh university, and the course choices in honors years seem quite restricted.

On the other hand, Glasgow seems more laid-back, and there are a lot of interesting options for my other subjects that Edinburgh lacks (i.e. film and theatre).

Would any current/former students be willing to tell me a bit about what it's like studying English at these unis - how interesting the course is, what the reading list is like and how limited it is to English authors, and so on.

Also I'd like to take Philosophy and History of Art as my other subjects, what are those courses like?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.