Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 88
Size:  10.6 KBFor this question I put B as I thought that the multiplier is to do with how consumption affects national output, however the markscheme says that the answer is D. But I always thought that investments affect on national output was the accelerator effect? Would be great if someone could clear this up

ReputationRep:
    The multiplier effect occurs when an increase in investment or any other autonomous expenditure(E.g. Government spending) leads to an even greater increase in national income.

The accelerator effect is like the opposite of the multiplier effect, it states that the level of planned investment is related to past changes in income.

Increase in investment... causes a greater change in income via the multiplier... this change in income causes increase future investment via the accelerator... starts over again

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.