Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just wondering what people think of my GCSE resistant materials project? It is a gadget tidy where the acrylic prisms can be rearranged. I just need to some opinions for part of my coursework. If you would like any more pictures just ask. Negative points welcome, Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get what it would be used for but it looks good I hated doing resistant materials in year 8 o_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    I don't really get what it would be used for but it looks good I hated doing resistant materials in year 8 o_o
    Thanks, it is basically used to store any gadgets/technological items when not in use, this could be your phone, chargers, headphones or even a games console controller.
    ^hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's just some triangles. I could make that.

LOL

ReputationRep:
    Dem triangles

ReputationRep:
    Well... it's simple.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I did't explain enough, it has been laser cut out, and routed on the bottom, it's not exactly been simple to make, but yes it is a simple concept. I will post some more photos tomorrow of it in different shapes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, compared to the things people make at my school, it's very simple. Maybe try making a wooden structure in which you could insert the prisms?

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be difficult to take things in and out, is all I can say.

Unless (and it looks like it) the top of it isn't sealed and it can be 'unfolded', but then there will be the problem of when you fill up the storage, it will push outwards and won't stay shut (you'll need a clip or something to keep it shut).
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I'd say it's a little bit under-ambitious, maybe? I appreciate that it's been laser cut but I don't quite understand how that's a cumulative year's worth of work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I'd say it's a little bit under-ambitious, maybe? I appreciate that it's been laser cut but I don't quite understand how that's a cumulative year's worth of work.
    It's not a year's worth if work, the project has to be done in 45 hours, and I think I had even less time due to materials not arriving from the company I ordered from.

ReputationRep:
    This product looks good! Although it looks simple it's quite unique which is a good selling point from the market side of things

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.