Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently firmed Kings and am torn between the two!
    was wondering how far ish Wolfson is from the strand as that is where i will be... is it significantly closer than Hampstead? I want self catered and very social, I get the impression that these both are... so on that basis i would put wolfson first but does it tend to be filled with medics and everyone studying at guys? or is there just as much of a mix as at hampstead? I love hampstead and the distance doesnt bother me that much, its just the thought of travelling every time i want to go to the gym etc, whereas at wolfson its right there? any advice?? thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twister1)
    was wondering how far ish Wolfson is from the strand as that is where i will be... is it significantly closer than Hampstead? I want self catered and very social, I get the impression that these both are... so on that basis i would put wolfson first but does it tend to be filled with medics and everyone studying at guys? or is there just as much of a mix as at hampstead? I love hampstead and the distance doesnt bother me that much, its just the thought of travelling every time i want to go to the gym etc, whereas at wolfson its right there? any advice?? thankyou!
    I was at wolfson and would recommend it. I never visited hamstead but know people who were there and it is very far away. It takes about 30 mins to walk to the strand from wolfson. And there are a mix of students there!

ReputationRep:
    hey, could you give me some information about wolfson house? because I'm thinking of putting it as my first choice in applying for accomodation..I will be attending an LLM in law from september onwards, I'm from Italy.. Are there many postgraduate students at wolfson house? and what about having guests once in a while, like friends for the weekend, is that a problem?
    It was quite difficult for me to find information online about the residences, I would be really really thankful if you were able to help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twister1)
    I live at Hampstead and not only does it take up to 40 mins to get to the Strand, the standard of building you get is a lottery. There are some really nice buildings such as Lord Cameron, but there are other parts where the rooms are tiny and run down looking. Although Hampstead was my first choice, with hindsight I wish I had put down Stamford Street or Wolfson.
    However, Hampstead is pretty social and there's a 24 hour gym within a 5 min walking distance (£19.99 a month)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.