Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am from Britain but currently studying a Master's course in China. I have written about 10,000 of my 30,000 character thesis and am getting close to the results section. The one problem being, not enough people have done my experiment!

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it, it shouldn't take much longer than half an hour and will give you a more profound understanding of Chinese script. You need to be between 20 and 30 years old and have not studied Chinese. A brief of the experiment can be found here and when you have finished please let me know and I will send you an explanatory debrief. I will also try my best to help any of you with questions about China/Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody see this message? it did not go up straight away as it was subject to moderation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielriley)
    Did anybody see this message? it did not go up straight away as it was subject to moderation.
    Yes, people saw your post. The problem is 30 minutes is quite long actually. One benefit is that you can discuss your results but then qualify them by saying not enough people took the experiment to increase validity, therefore from a methodological perspective you would look to shorten it next tune. Explain how you would do this while still keeping the experiment reliable. It really does not have to be as negative as you make out.

How many people were you honestly expecting to do your experiment?

ReputationRep:
    I perhaps should have made it shorter. So far I have managed to get about 15 people through, I was hoping to get about 30.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.