Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys !

went to my subway interview today in central London

manager told me I have a 4 hour trial day on Tuesday from 9am-1pm

my questions are....

1) what is it that i'll be doing on this trial period ?
    2) how can I make sure I pass this period and land the job ?!
    3) what is the hourly pay IF I end up getting the job ?
    4) how is the job like ?
    5) do you work in subway and what do you think of it ?

this is also pen to current workers in Subway id love to know your answers !!!

thanks for reading my post and I hope you give me good answers

Thaistick

ReputationRep:
    How to make sure you pass the trial period? Be likeable, Every single place I've worked the people that weren't liked have been weeded out over time. EVen if you have more experience, if you seem boring people WILL discuss it...

Good luck and have fun

ReputationRep:
    how hard could it be to work at subway seriously you just put things in bread. just make sure you're likable, no one want's to work with people that they don't like no matter what skills they have

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate its my first time working in fast food don't really know what to expect, will take your comment on board and give it 100%

ReputationRep:
    I've never specifically done a work trial in Subway but I have done them in Costa Coffee, Tesco Express and an independent bakery and been offered all 3 jobs so I have done my fair share of work trials!

Here are my top tips:

1. Make sure you are friendly to everyone - customers and members of staff
    2. Try your best to do things well and fast - they will take into account that you're totally new to it all but do things enthusiastically and to a high standard
    3. They can be nerve wracking as you can feel you are being watched but try and stay calm and be confident
    4. If there are any chances make sure you ask LOTS of questions about the job - to anyone, manager or other staff members. This will make you seem keen and interested which is very important. Ask things about practical arrangements, plus how everything works during the work day (e.g. how many people do you normally have serving, routines for cleaning, portion sizes etc)

Good luck! They obviously like you if they invited you for a work trial so do your best and you'll be in with a good chance any more questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    I've never specifically done a work trial in Subway but I have done them in Costa Coffee, Tesco Express and an independent bakery and been offered all 3 jobs so I have done my fair share of work trials!

Here are my top tips:

1. Make sure you are friendly to everyone - customers and members of staff
    2. Try your best to do things well and fast - they will take into account that you're totally new to it all but do things enthusiastically and to a high standard
    3. They can be nerve wracking as you can feel you are being watched but try and stay calm and be confident
    4. If there are any chances make sure you ask LOTS of questions about the job - to anyone, manager or other staff members. This will make you seem keen and interested which is very important. Ask things about practical arrangements, plus how everything works during the work day (e.g. how many people do you normally have serving, routines for cleaning, portion sizes etc)

Good luck! They obviously like you if they invited you for a work trial so do your best and you'll be in with a good chance any more questions feel free to ask
    love this answer back, thank you so much. im going to take into account all that you said and will do my best on Tuesday ! once again thanks for the answer very very helpful !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaistick)
    love this answer back, thank you so much. im going to take into account all that you said and will do my best on Tuesday ! once again thanks for the answer very very helpful !
    good luck! let me know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    good luck! let me know how it goes
    ill defo let you know how it goes. will post on here Tuesday evening

ReputationRep:
    I have one tomorrow afternoon in subway barking- I am not very confident but I am quite excited and frustrated as I'll be watched by the member of the company... I get a bit slow when someone around me when I'm doing my work,I get more impatient.. Can anyone tell me the bestest solution for me please? Thank you 😊 wish me luck guys....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.