The Student Room Group

relationship advice. from who?

after a recent incident when a friend (in a relationship) told me (not in a relationship) during a heated discussion about relationship related stuff that i "don't understand", I started talking with another friend (also not in a relationship) about who was most able to give correct advice to others. Obviously, people who are in relationships do know more of the very deep workings and stuff but surely they are biased in that, for example, if their boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on them they would give very different advice to someone in a long term, honest relationship and so people who are 'relationship neutral' but have heard a lot about many different relationships and situations from friends and others should be more suited to the job? :confused:
Reply 1
I'm not in a relationship but my friends who are in relationships always ask me for advice, and 9 times out of 10 they take my advice. A lot of the time a person who isn't in a relationship can see things clearer than the person who is in a relationship, and vice-versa. I think its down to the individual and the advice they are giving.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending