Offer conditional on GCSE, results day?

Watch this thread
mushpantsbc
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I am taking 3 alevels and a GCSE subject, my offer is AAB at a level and a grade B in GCSE English,

on A level results day, will I find out whether I have gotten into university, or will I have to wait until GCSE results day?
User990473
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
Probably the GCSE results day. Unlucky!
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
You'll have to wait until GCSE results day :yes:
thando684
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Where did you apply to?? Cos I'm thinking of applying to Oxbridge and even though I'm doing my a levels now, I still have to complete an igcse to get matric exemption in my country. How many gcse's do you have??
mushpantsbc
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by thando684)
Where did you apply to?? Cos I'm thinking of applying to Oxbridge and even though I'm doing my a levels now, I still have to complete an igcse to get matric exemption in my country. How many gcse's do you have??
Cardiff, but I had a grade C English, and I needed a grade B
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Just one extra bit of advice :

If you miss your offer A level grades then dont wait for the GCSE result - immediately phone the Uni and check if they will still accept you on these lower grades if you do get the required GCSE result.

There is no point waiting for a GCSE result if you are going to be rejected anyway. If you wait for that, you will miss the first opportunities in Clearing. If the Uni wont accept your lower A grades then ask to be rejected now so you can either still pick up your Insurance or go straight into Clearing. Otherwise, some Unis will still wait for your GCSE result day to drop you.
nictrix101
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Omd, you could have actually answered my problem with that advice, will ring the uni asap! Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.09%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.49%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
16.48%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (22)
24.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
20.88%

Watched Threads