Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really like this guy. We had a first date recently and I was really attracted to him so we snogged, it’s not something I would usually do on a first date, how do I scale it back on the second it’s still early days and I don’t want to ruin it or rush it.

ReputationRep:
    Well you've answered your own question! You feel like things are moving to fast so just explain it to him that you want to take things slower and get to know each other emotionally before anymore physical contact and he should respect this.

GoodLuck

ReputationRep:
    I would act slightly distant, it'll let him know that you're not easy

ReputationRep:
    Best way to not ruin things is over-think/complicate things - Oh wait.

But seriously, being cold after hot won't do you any favours.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really see what the big deal is. I snogged my boyfriend on the first date, in a couple of weeks we'll have been together 5 years, and getting married next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    Don't really see what the big deal is. I snogged my boyfriend on the first date, in a couple of weeks we'll have been together 5 years, and getting married next year.
    There might be a problem. He can think that she is easy and it wont take her serious. In your case, was diferent. And congratulations

My advice is don't be easy, show him that he needs to work to get you. But don't be cold.

Thanks everyone! I don’t want to be cold as I like him a lot. It’s just been a whirlwind and I wanted to think about it. I do not really want to step back either it’s not like the emotional elements aren't there, or as early days, starting to form. It's just that I've never experienced this level of attraction before so I'm trying to be cautious.

ReputationRep:
    Not really... It's called wifi xD

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even dating my boyfriend when we 'snogged' haha. It doesn't mean much these days really, he won't think its going fast so neither should you.
    If he tries to kiss you again and you dont want to just tell him that you'd rather get to know him a bit better before going there again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.