Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Having read some fairly negative stuff about Oxford Brookes on here, I'm a bit confused. I want to do a joint honours in Japanese and Film. Despite ultimately hoping to pursue a career in film, I have been doing Japanese at AS level and am thoroughly enjoying it despite how demanding and challenging it is. Ultimately I'd love to become fluent and possibly work there for a short time. I got a great vibe on the OxBrookes open day and was certain I was going to make it my firm after speaking with a student doing the same joint course as me and hearing only positives.

However, I have also been accepted at the University of Manchester, and was also very impressed by the japanese course there, especially the class sizes and the teachers. Unfortunately I heard little about the film course, and didn't get a chance to speak to anyone doing joint film and japanese there. If you study at either Oxford Brookes or Manchester doing Japanese and a joint degree, please tell me, what do you think? And comparing the two, which do you think would be the better course? Ideally, I'd like the language learning and the film studies to be equally good. I plan to study hard, as I know how tough Japanese is and I want to do well.

Please help!? :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.